Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Computer Start...

This looks interesting.

I know a couple of people were looking for a way to do this...

http://www.gideontech.com/guides/remote_start/

-Mario

Nice. Thanks for the link.

I'm sure this is a dumb Q, but why couldn't you just lengthen the leads to the switch (by like 10 ft). I mean, you probably have to run the IDE cables to your DVD drive anyway, right?
    No Carputer YET.
    A car I'm designing...

Comment

My thought was when people want to start it as they walk towards the car.

This way it will be up and running as they get in the car...

-Mario

Comment

Oh right... so you keep the cordless doorbell in your pocket. Or incorporate it into your alarm keyfob.

Thanks, that makes sense now.
        No Carputer YET.
        A car I'm designing...

Comment

I've posted a circuit to do this using a power lock controller several times. You should be able to locate it doing a search for "remote" under my name.
          Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
          Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
          "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron Cake
            I've posted a circuit to do this using a power lock controller several times. You should be able to locate it doing a search for "remote" under my name.
            I had seen your article.

I just thought it was cool what this guy did...

-Mario

Comment

Working...
            X