NX15000 w/ eby701 touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NX15000 w/ eby701 touchscreen

Whenever I have the USB touchscreen connected at boot it just gets stuck at the post screen couldnt find anything else on this any ideas? I have tried playing with a few of the USB bios settings but no luck so far.

Does it work if you start up without the USB connected? Maybe change boot order in your BIOS incase for some crazy reason it thinks the USB is a potentially bootable device? I know it's fixed problems with USB drives for me, but it does seem odd for a touchscreen to interfere at that level. Probably not it, but a bump if nothing else

Comment

i changed the boot order and set boot to other device disabled and it still wont work with it plugged in. It works fine when its not plugged in

Comment

Just read this:
        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/gene...ios-stall.html

Tried all suggested solutions with no success except I couldnt try the USB hub as I dont have one (and I wouldnt want to have to install one for it to work anyway)

Noone has an NX15000 and has this problem?

Comment

Finally got it to work after editing the following BIOS settings:
          Advanced BIOS Features>First Boot Device>set it to something other than USB device
          Advanced BIOS Features>Second Boot Device>set it to something other than USB device
          Advanced BIOS Features>Third Boot Device>set it to something other than USB device
          Advanced BIOS Features>Boot Other Devices>Disabled
          Integrated Peripherals>USB Device Settings>USB Keyboard Function>Disabled
          Integrated Peripherals>USB Device Settings>USB Storage Function>Disabled
          Integrated Peripherals>USB Device Settings>USB Operation Mode>Full/Low Speed

All of these had to be changed before it would boot

EDIT: Although it boots to the OS now, the BIOS seems a bit glitchy. It doesnt show POST screen after VIA logo screen and if you press delete to enter the setup it just goes to a flashing underscore screen and freezes. Everything goes back to normal if you boot without the USB touch screen though.

Comment

Working...
          X