X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC JoyCon - Steering wheel remote interface

Hi All,

Description:
    Control you CarPC with Steering Wheel Remote Controller.

CarPC JoyCon converts steering wheel remote controller into USB keyboard.
    You can control MediaPlayer or front-end(ex. CentraFuse) with your steering wheel audio remote controller.

Supports 2-wires resistance-output steering wheel remote controller
    Supports up to 10 buttons + 1 delay button(even works at BIOS setup)
    Supports Remote Wake-Up(You can wake-up your PC from sleep mode by pressing remote controller's button)

Supports Windows XP, Vista, Windows7, Linux
    (But Joycon Explorer does not support Linux.)
    I thought i would share the love on this, i know there are others on here that are working on something similar as well.

http://www.rcjoycon.com/ then go to CarPC JoyCon

Looks very interesting

(BTW i have no involement with RCJoyCon just sharing some info)

Using buttons of steering wheel would be safer than than IR remote.

It is always stunt to control carputor with IR remote while driving.

Comment

I like it very much I am planning a carputer for Volvo S60. Is it suitable for 2005+ Volvo S60 steering wheel audio controls?

Regards,
      emintolga

Comment

If the Volvo's audio controls have two wires, CarPC JoyCon is suitable.

Comment

Just got mine delivered and it works great with StreetDeck 2.0 .

Comment

Just bought one for my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited... I'll let you know my impressions as soon I'll receive it!
            --------------------------------------------
            It's a Jeep thing...you wouldn't understand !--------------------------------------------

Comment

I think this is exactly what I need though i'm not certain it will work with my grand prix. I have the one wire resistive setup does anyone know if this will work for me.
              [||||||----] - 60% Complete

Comment

remote controls have one wire?
                It will be DATA.
                You need GND.
                GND is common for all the circuit.
                Usually black wire of connector is GND.
                And Iron car body is GND.

Comment

I'm talking about the steering wheel control wire from my car. Right now I have it set up so the voltage varies with each button press and I have it hooked to my fusion brain but i have too many problems with that so I've been looking for a better solution. I'll have to test the wire for resistance and see what I get for readings.

Comment

the voltage varies with each button
                    -> it means your steering wheel control is resistance output.
                    and the resistace output 2wire (DATA, GND) can be directly connected CarPC JoyCon.

Comment

can anyone give a review of this product?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbuffs View Post
                        can anyone give a review of this product?
                        Just ordered one and its supposed to ship tomorrow... figured for 30 bucks what the hell. Haven't found any good info on it anywhere though. Checked the pinouts for my radio and it has the 2 cables like they say. Ill post something when i get it.

Comment

OK, I ordered one of these and just hooked it up an hour ago and I have to say so far it has been amazing. I've struggled with getting my SWC working ever since I built my carPC and I think I have finally found the solution. This was easy to setup and the software is easy to use. I'm running windows 7 so I thought I might run into some issues but so far it is working great. For $30 this is a great SWC solution.

Comment

Speed Sensitive Volume?

I know I can use the Joycon to convert the steering wheel controls to USB for my carputer, but what about the speed sensitive volume? I have grown quite attached to this option and I would like to incorporate this into my carpc. I am pretty sure it can be done by purchasing 2 Joycon controls. Is it possible with only 1? I am going to take a wild guess and say that it is possible with 1 as long as the frequency that the SSV uses is not used by the steering wheel controls.

Comment

Originally posted by cavorn View Post
                              I know I can use the Joycon to convert the steering wheel controls to USB for my carputer, but what about the speed sensitive volume? I have grown quite attached to this option and I would like to incorporate this into my carpc. I am pretty sure it can be done by purchasing 2 Joycon controls. Is it possible with only 1? I am going to take a wild guess and say that it is possible with 1 as long as the frequency that the SSV uses is not used by the steering wheel controls.
                              Your easiest option might just be to use the usb GPS for that. It's only about $10 more and you have the added functionality of GPS.

Comment

Working...
                              X