Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XM Radio hibernation issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • XM Radio hibernation issues

    Ok so I for the love of me cannot get this thing to work after hibernation. I've read all these thread and noone seems to have fixed it either. Its like a XMD1000 I think which the cable that takes it to a serial and then its converted to a USB. Is there a clear way to fix this problem now? All the threads asking about it that came up in my search were from like 2007.

  • #2
    Originally posted by mdawg View Post
    Ok so I for the love of me cannot get this thing to work after hibernation. I've read all these thread and noone seems to have fixed it either. Its like a XMD1000 I think which the cable that takes it to a serial and then its converted to a USB. Is there a clear way to fix this problem now? All the threads asking about it that came up in my search were from like 2007.
    Be sure to use a USB to serial cable that uses the the FTDI chip and the latest prolific drivers. I use this and mine works perfectly and has for years. With both RR and Centrafuse.
    The Car 2005 Scion xB

    The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fixerofallthing View Post
      Be sure to use a USB to serial cable that uses the the FTDI chip and the latest prolific drivers. I use this and mine works perfectly and has for years. With both RR and Centrafuse.
      Don't remember me? Its your old setup I purchased. I went on the site and downloaded the new drivers so Im not sure whats up, would It just be easier to just run the serial plug into the mobo to avoid these problems.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mdawg View Post
        Don't remember me? Its your old setup I purchased. I went on the site and downloaded the new drivers so Im not sure whats up, would It just be easier to just run the serial plug into the mobo to avoid these problems.
        My bad! Sorry. Yes that is a good idea!! I used that exact setup with zero issues though, so I know it has the ability to work.
        The Car 2005 Scion xB

        The Truck 2004 GMC Canyon

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm using semi older parts for this carpc so It could just be that. Since I got a open serial port Im just going to pop it in there instead of fighting it.

          Comment

          Working...
          X