No announcement yet.

Phidgets mini joystick sensor as mouse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phidgets mini joystick sensor as mouse?

I would like to know if this is possible? I'd like to install a joystick sensor in each door to act as a pointer mouse for my carpc. I was hoping that the push button feature could act as a left-click, and possibly holding it in could act as a right-click. In this older post, http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/inpu...ck-sensor.html, the author has the setup for Roadrunner. Should it also work in windows, not just specific front ends? Any help and info is appreciated.

Hi there,

thats my post, i never finished this project, since it was not possible to click the button at the same time as holding the joystick in position, so i abondoned the project. However it does work in any frontend, and in windows.
    Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

So everytime the joystick returns back to center, the pointer goes back with it? Thanks for the response.

Comment

Yup, the phidgets joystick has a center spring function
        Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

If i were to attempt something like this again, i would go for the bmw i-drive stick, and integrate with the frontend, like RR or dig up the immersion haptic thingy and try to get that working properly.
          Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Working...
          X