No announcement yet.

Input Input Input Show Me Your Devices!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Input Input Show Me Your Devices!

I have been tossing some ideas around my head for a while and I just want to know what other people are using as input devices. I thinking about a joystick that I have laying around or using my psp via a wireless vnc.
    Like how many of you use a joystick or a gamepad or a powermate.. etc, etc? What mods have you done to them to aid/tweak your setup? What software have you tried? Pro/Cons of the software? And last request, Show Em Off! So let see those devices living in your car.
    Originally posted by menudude
    thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

I use a Shuttle Contour molded into my center consol. Working good.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SjLucky View Post
      Like how many of you use a joystick or a gamepad or a powermate.. etc, etc?
      You mean like this:

What mods have you done to them to aid/tweak your setup?
      I have a Saitek X-52 USB joystick, used their configuration program and basically matched that to RideRunner's keytable.ini file. Modifying the joystick to remove its base without damaging the wiring takes patience. There is a small 2x3 PCBoard in the base that must be relocated below the shift console

What software have you tried? Pro/Cons of the software?
      I installed a CH Products FighterStick with a custom stalk in my son's car. I has a very week configuration system, so I used Joy2Mouse program to program all the buttons and hats for RideRunner. I will admit with this one and Joy2Mouse the number of combinations of keys is phenomenal - I needed a cheat sheet taped to the dash to remember them all and I haven't used half of what they're capable of.
      HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

Fast, Small, Cheap, Easy to install input for carPC

Here is my PC remote controller. it has everything you need for CarPC. Fast, Small, Cheap (you can find it for $1-$3 on ebay), easy to install (comes with USB-Infra-Red reciever).
        96 Toyota Corrola Sedan Budget Laptop Car PC
        Wiimote and my CarPC

Comment

Originally posted by MGD View Post
          I use a Shuttle Contour molded into my center consol. Working good.
          Yeah!! Another contour shuttle user!! Your install is awesome is frickin awesome!!

I think the contour doesn't get enough pub here....I'm lovin mine...Using it for over 2 years..
          Sig, smig...

Ford Flex Toshiba Excite 7.7 Install

CoverMess - Cool Flash Covers

FlashFlex - Flash Components for your skinning pleasure

Mazda Millenia, Road Runner

YouTube - Road Runner, IGO8 PC, Dashcommand OBD, Visteon HD Radio

Comment

jeez, shuttle pro things sounds like it has some serious potential. lol its been a while but do either of you care to review. Did you program anything new if so what?

Comment

Working...
            X