OEM Radio Integration - Volume Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OEM Radio Integration - Volume Control

Hey guys, have been searching here and google for hours. I want to take the volume control knob from my stock radio and integrate its function over usb to control the master volume on my carpc.

I checked out hacking a mouse, and other rotary encoders - was hoping to find a way to do it direct from the stock radio.

The radio volume is a potentiometer but is infinite (i.e. can keep turning it continuously, there is no set stop).

Checking it with a voltmeter it appears when you turn the dial it transiently raises the resitatance.

Has anyone ever found a way to take this output, convert to usb and have control the volume??

Thanks.,

If your volume knob is infinite then it's not a pot. It is an encoder. A pot can not be infinite.

Comment

True enough, it just looks like a pot ..lol. Anyways...any ideas how to convert such a device to usb?

Originally posted by MGD View Post
      If your volume knob is infinite then it's not a pot. It is an encoder. A pot can not be infinite.

Comment

Well if it puts out resistance, then it doesnt matter what it is. You can use a FB and a second resistor to make a voltage divider and read in the value.
        Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
        1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
        30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
        15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
        Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Working...
        X