VGA Hookup for 669GL/EBY701

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VGA Hookup for 669GL/EBY701

I'm currently leaning towards either a EBY701 or 699GL preassembled double din units. Looking at the picture of the unit, I see the plugs for HDMI, RCA, power and the last plug on the right, which I'm not sure what it is.

or

So what if I just want to run VGA straight from the PC? I'm still kinda new at this but I was expecting to see a VGA plug/port on the back of the screen.

that last plug that you are not sure of would be for the vga, and usb connections-- the closest that i can compare it to would be something like a s-video cable, but the pins are different.

any monitor that you get should include the cable that connects to that port(i haven't seen them be sold separately anywhere)
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

http://www.mo-co-so.com/5m-Extended-...cs-lil-ewh.htm

Comment

How far can you go with VGA before the quality starts dropping dramatically?

Comment

it really depends on the amount of interference in your car-- i know that a common install location is the trunk, and i rarely see posts asking what to do to get riff of interferance in the screen, so i would have to assume that 99% of installs, 15-20ft of vga cable is fine.

a quick google:
          What is the maximum length of cable for a DVI and VGA?
          DVI
          Using copper cable it would appear that the limits are approximately [email protected] to one meter and [email protected] to 9 meters with appropriate signal strength from the graphics adapter. repeater may be required for longer lengths and there are "Fiber-Optic/electrical-to-light-to-electrical cables available that permit lengths to 100's of meters--see below
          My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
          "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
          carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
          X