Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excelent Mouse for carputer!

Ok,

I have found what i think is an excelent mouse to use for the carputer (brought it a few days back at maplins)

It is only £10

and is basicly a small rollerball with 2 buttons above it and a finger triger button (the whole mouse can sit on your finger)

Cant find a link to it on the www.maplin.co.uk website

But just thought I would mention it

Cheeper than touchscreen (which i cant afford )

Chris

Don't suppose you have a maplin catalogue/part number do you, off the ticket attached to the packaging/reciept.
    4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Maplin Code

Just looked in their catalog and the code for it is

TH90X - Finger Mouse - £9.99

Dosent appear to be on the website though

Comment

Re: Maplin Code

Originally posted by tilezzzzz

Cheers. I've got a store near work, so I'll pop in and see what they have.
        4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Mouse

Ok,

It is smaller than the box is!, Was pleasently supprised when opened it.

Chris

Comment

I found it.

It is fantastic. I was almost as at home with it lefthanded as right handed straight from the off.

A mate also has found the same device, in blue, branded as Packard Bell in the Staples stationary chain.

We have a bit of friendly rivalry going on.

his is in the car first, but he has used a Shuttle PC, wired Keyboard, No GPS, no IR yet, and bought a dedicated Car Composite on Dash Monitor.

I bought a Joytech PS2 Screen that I tried to wire up with the VGA hack (but no joy), a Deluo USB GPS, A USB2 DVD rom to poke out from under the rear seat, the ball mouse/trackball, and an Ira with remote to start most things.

He's using Mediaengine after I pointed it to him, I'm using BinaryMetal Digital Theatre (HTPC frontend).

I've built a custom case in MDF rather than use a standard PC case.

Ive also stripped the screen from the rather huge housing it came in, and removed the inbuilt stereo speakers, but left the headphone sockets, to save space. Have to make a new housing, and can't decide whether to use MDF, sheet metal, plexy, or a combination. It won't be built into the dash, because there isn't room for a 7" widescreen, but it will be better mounted than stuck straight onto the top of the dash.
            4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

pix!
              -
              My cars
              -

Comment

I'll try to get some of the pics of the parts for it. But everything is sitting tangled up on the diningroom table ATM.

SWMBO isn't happy.
                I have to get something done with it soon.

I know my idea of the relay for the inverter works, because I used it today to charge my Cellphone with the mains charger.

Hopefully, with the help of some tracing paper and some left over MDF, I can start routering out a case for the Screen very soon.
                4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

OK. things are Moving on.

I haven't got the screen mounted, but, the Screen, input board and controls board has been shortened in height by about 3 inches, but only about Half an inch in height.

I failed to get it working through the VGA hack, so it is going to be composite for now..

Pictures will follow shortly, but Basically, I sandwiched all the boards between 2 sheets of Plexi, and used 4 bolts to hold the 2 sheets together, with Sticky pads and hot glue to hold the various boards in place.

Not that pretty, still have to work out where to mount it, more geek chic than attractive to look at. Like something out of Bladerunner.
                  4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Skraggy - CPC.co.uk in Preston can also be a good place for items..... better than Maplins on prices some times as well. I know they are selling my GPS unit for around £95 at the mo... and some other ITX stuff.

Terran
                    My Project Site

Comment

Originally posted by ccsnet
                      Skraggy - CPC.co.uk in Preston can also be a good place for items..... better than Maplins on prices some times as well. I know they are selling my GPS unit for around £95 at the mo... and some other ITX stuff.

Terran
                      Thanks for the reminder about CPC. I had forgotten about them.
                      4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Originally posted by Skraggy_uk
                        Thanks for the reminder about CPC. I had forgotten about them.
                        No probs ... I think they have supplied a large part o f my system so far

Terran
                        My Project Site

Comment

Re: Maplin Code

Originally posted by tilezzzzz

Is this it?

Comment

Yep thats the one

Except mins is plain creamy white colour.

Im very tempted to get the wirless keyboard mouse combo thats been talked about though . But have had no probs with this mouse.

Chris

Comment

yep, same as mine two.

Not a bad little toy.

As i said, mate got a blueish one from Staples, and it was badged as Packard Bell
                              4x4 in a turbo stylee.

Comment

Working...
                              X