Looking for KB w/mouse, ideas?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for KB w/mouse, ideas?

I am looking for a smaller keyboard with a pointing device of some sort. I have a touchscreen, but I intent to make my PC fully funtional, when needed, and i would like to have a keyboard AND a mouse of some sort.

I have come across a mini keyboard or two, wireless, but I am not sure about the quality. Does anyone know this keybaord, what about it should I look out for? Also, I am aware of the IR funtionality, is it really hard to use in the car?? I can install the receiever in the dash... Let me know what you think.

ebay keyboard
    System in the works:
    Celeron 850 or PIII 933, SB Live! Value into a stock 4 channel amp, ATI vid, 10.4" sharp LCD w/ allen's controller, Elo SW touchscreen overlay and controller, GPS, TV tuner, FW DVD drive, 4 port serial card, and some other stuff....

Loads of ideas.

It sound decent to me. The specs looks right. The only problem is the infra red part of it. I believe you want to look fo RF instead.

Comment

my mini keyboard with IR sucks quite frankily, it has to be pointed DIRECTLY at the receiver in order for it to work

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

Ok, it's not what i wanted to hear, but good... the truth.

Tell me, what make/model do you have? Is it common?
        System in the works:
        Celeron 850 or PIII 933, SB Live! Value into a stock 4 channel amp, ATI vid, 10.4" sharp LCD w/ allen's controller, Elo SW touchscreen overlay and controller, GPS, TV tuner, FW DVD drive, 4 port serial card, and some other stuff....

Loads of ideas.

Comment

I have an Acer "Airkey" IR keyboard/mouse that I user on my HTPC. The reciever is behind me mounted to my home made LCD projector, I "bounce" the IR off of my roll down screen. I have zero complaints with this setup. My airkey is very simmilar to the keyboard shown in the link.

zardoz

Comment

Jeez I just caught the price that thing went for......I got my airkey for $18.00 CDN plus tax from one of the local suppliers I use.

zardoz

Comment

Hey, zardoz, I too am working on a projector. Tell me, what parts did you use? LCD, Light source, lenses, all of it. What kind of picture are you getting?

I have not been able to find a wireless keyboard that has a pointing device, that is not a large model. That's why i found this one.
              System in the works:

Loads of ideas.

Comment

i'm not sure of the name of it nor do i have it by me now, i got it off of ebay, it's one of the mini keyboards with builtin mouse pointer thingy

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

I got my Versapoint at a surplus store. I am pretty happy with it. RF is the way to go. I could take it inside the house and type from there. It isn't super small, kind of medium, but I have big hands and I like that the bottom is contoured to your lap. I only wish they made one with a trackball instead of the push and pull nubbin.
                  http://www.provantage.com/scripts/go.dll/-s//vinlk10l
                  I actually use their remote for my htpc. It is very durable too with a solid grippy rubber feel. You can use it from anywhere in the house.

Comment

Working...
                  X