No announcement yet.

What keyboard do you have in your car?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What keyboard do you have in your car?

I have tried few USB and wireless keyboards in my car, but still can't find right one for me. Maybe somebody will share his experiences with his keyboard.
    I don't wanna be a product of my environment.
    I want my environment to be product of me.

I use the Rii Mini Keyboard (also called ProMini). It's small but durable, has a backlight, and has a built-in touchpad. The only problem is that it doesn't have F9-F12 keys. Other than that, it works wonders.
    Attached Files

Comment

i use the addesso wireless one that is in the mp3car store. i like it because it is bigger, and easier to use, the only problem is that the driver isn't perfect, so it causes a couple audio hiccups...
      My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
      "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
      carpc undecided

Comment

Originally posted by chaoszero View Post
        I use the Rii Mini Keyboard (also called ProMini). It's small but durable, has a backlight, and has a built-in touchpad. The only problem is that it doesn't have F9-F12 keys. Other than that, it works wonders.
        When I check Ebay, Rii Mini brings up $35 keyboards that look like that and they're 2.4 gigahertz wireless.
        When I search for ProMini it brings up the same keyboard but it's $50 and it's bluetooth.

Are they different?
        Ampie Case
        2.5" Hard Drive 80GB Samsung 5400RPM
        256 MB DDR2 PC5400
        Xenarc 700TSV - VGA Monitor
        Intel D945GCLF Motherboard
        M2-ATX-HV

2005 Honda Civic

Comment

I use the Lenovo Multimedia Remote/Keyboard.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036VO67I

It works great. The keys aren't backlit, but that doesn't bother me. It's small, you can turn it off, and it works during boot/BIOS.
          1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

i use the same as above ^^. i find it great no hassle at all!
            http://gamercard.zaamit.com/nxe/da+guy+there.jpg

Planning stage 100%
            resource gathering 80%
            Build stage 20%
            Total Completion NEVER!

Comment

I use the Logitec DiNovo Mini, which works really well, and has a clamshell cover to keep the keys and touchpad safe from impacts, plus its the exact perfect size to fit into my overhead sunglasses holder above my rear view mirror

Only downside is it doesn't have ANY of the F1-F12 keys, so I can't get into the Intel BIOS (Requires F2) on bootup. However, I haven't had to do that since the system was installed in my car, and the only time I would need that is when I'm reinstalling windows, which I will be at home and plugged in anyway, so I'll use a USB keyboard then

Batteries last ages (Around 6 months of sitting in the holder with the occasional use), and the build quality is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by Maheriano View Post
                When I check Ebay, Rii Mini brings up $35 keyboards that look like that and they're 2.4 gigahertz wireless.
                When I search for ProMini it brings up the same keyboard but it's $50 and it's bluetooth.

Are they different?
                Yes.
                One comes w/ a 2.4ghz USB receiver that communicates with the keyboard.

The bluetooth unit communicates via bluetooth.
                Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I think, that back lit keyboard is very useful in in-Car environment. I have tried one few months ago, but she don't work anymore and was too big. Then I have used smaller wireless keyboard. She was cheap and work only few days on fresh batteries. DiNovo mini belongs between my future favorites, never tried, but think that must be uncomfortable writing with one hand on it, same as Lenovo Multimedia Remote/Keyboard. Give me little more time to post few shots of my keyboards. One of one I'm think about is UMAX BL741 LUMI 3 LED Color Slim . Unfortunately for you guys, this site is only in Czech language
                  And BTW a lot of keyboards is HERE
                  Last edited by BADMOPAR; 02-22-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

For a while I had a full sized keyboard stored in the back of the jeep that I would pull out when needed. With my latest install i'm going the rii mini route. I was going to get the Bluetooth version but I was under the impression that it wouldn't work until window and the Bluetooth driver was loaded. So getting into the BIOS of the carp would be tricky. I could be wrong about that though.

Comment

Originally posted by that_kid View Post
                      For a while I had a full sized keyboard stored in the back of the jeep that I would pull out when needed. With my latest install i'm going the rii mini route. I was going to get the Bluetooth version but I was under the impression that it wouldn't work until window and the Bluetooth driver was loaded. So getting into the BIOS of the carp would be tricky. I could be wrong about that though.
                      No, you're correct. A bluetooth keyboard won't work until Windows (or whatever OS you are running) loads.
                      1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS with: ASRock E350M1 w/4GB RAM, 80GB Intel SSD, Opus DCX3.120, Visteon HD Radio + HDR-USB, PL-18N wifi, OBDLink Scan Tool, BTA6210 BT, BU-353, Win 7 Ultimate, CF 4.0, Alpine MRP-F240 + MRP-T220, RF Punch 1572s, Kicker 8" Comp.

Comment

My Mouse and KB

I use the SMK Link Ultar Mini Mouse and the 80-key Mini Flexable keyboard. They are perfect for my truckputer setup. the KB rolls up and fits into a nice small clear plastic tube that it comes with and fits right inside my glove box. the mouse is SWEET!!!!! its wireless, USB, and rechargable. When im driving i just keep it charging all the time. it uses a magnet to attach itself to the USB end to charge. below are some pics of both. also links if you want to buy them!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3LJ5WMKNRFKQS

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...K-1809&cpc=SCH
                        Attached Files
                        Expert IT Administrator/Technician

A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP, CEH

Comment

I'm new to the carpc stuff, I'm just building a pc myself(DD) and I have a question, do you need a keyboard and mouse?
                          and to be in the topic, how about this:
                          http://www.buy.com/prod/loftek-rii-t...220051546.html
                          anybody have used one of these?

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                            I'm new to the carpc stuff, I'm just building a pc myself(DD) and I have a question, do you need a keyboard and mouse?
                            and to be in the topic, how about this:
                            http://www.buy.com/prod/loftek-rii-t...220051546.html
                            anybody have used one of these?
                            Not necessarily, if you have a touch screen monitor.
                            And BTW this keyboard looks nice, but try it using while driving :-)

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

Originally posted by chaoszero View Post
                            Which type of batteries is inside your keyboard and how long will those batteries lasts?

Comment

I use a little cheapy bluetooth mini, but after seeing that Rii on page one, I feel like I made the wrong decision *lol*

Comment

Working...
                              X