Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need your help with physical button inputs

Hi All

I want to connect 12 push buttons (non latching type) 2 rotary encoders and 3 LED's to my carpc, i want all the physical buttons to execute RR commands when they are pressed e.g. change skin, turn volume up/down and i want the LEDs to be controlled by indicators from ride runner.

I was thinking of using the u-hid controller to do all this but i haven't seen anyone on here that is using this controller with ride runner, does anyone have any other ideas of how i can get all this to work

Thanks
    Matt

how did i get here before 2k1toaster?

anways, i think the fusion brain will do it(someone else will need to confirm)
    My OLD 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT:
    "The Project That Never Ended, until it did"

next project? subaru brz
    carpc undecided

Comment

You could use a Fusion Brain to do the above (Not 100% sure about the rotary encoder...maybe check with 2k1toaster), with the added bonus of still having some spare I/O channels for other things down the track.

Price for the FB is pretty low, especially for what it offers, it works with RR, and it supports an mp3car member!

Edit: Dammit...I knew I shouldn't have gone to butter my toast and left this window open...beaten by 2 minutes!

Comment

your toast's getting cold

i know i have read that the FB will work with rotary encoders, the specific limitation that i question is if it has enough inputs/outputs for all 12 switches, 2 rotary encoders, and 2 led's.. of course, you could use more then one FB, and i believe i read somewhere that the software allows for it, but can't help much more then knowing the idea is feasible...

next project? subaru brz
        carpc undecided

Comment

If the switches aren't going to be pressed all at the same time, you could possibly use a resistor ladder and group say 5 or 6 buttons onto one input.

Then just run 5V through the lead, button 1 drops the voltage to 4.5v, button 2 drops the voltage to 4v, etc?

And the toast was mighty hot indeed!! lol

Comment

thats great news about the FB, so just to confirm i should be able to connect all my switches, encoders and LEDs to the fusion brain and i can program the FB so that when i press one of the physical button it could change skins for example, or when i turn the encoder it will turn the pc volume up or down etc... I have search this forum trying to find documentation on the FB and could find anything, does anyone know if there are any guides etc... so would i connect the push buttons/encoders to the analogue inputs or the digital outputs?? could someone explain what the difference between all the inputs/output are

Thanks again

Matt

Comment

your best bet might be to pm 2k1toaster for that info-- he's the creator of the fusion brain, so he would know best..

next project? subaru brz
              carpc undecided

Comment

Working...
              X