Interface with the wave of a hand?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interface with the wave of a hand?

I searched the forum but haven't seen anything...has anyone tried to maybe hook a motion control to their Car-PC..? LIke a Kinects or something?

Originally posted by DracoPCGuy View Post
    I searched the forum but haven't seen anything...has anyone tried to maybe hook a motion control to their Car-PC..? LIke a Kinects or something?
    I'm hoping the Leap motion controller will be the sh1+ Just wish they would get it out already.

https://www.leapmotion.com/
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Yeah that is pretty cool...wonder if it will catch on in the CarPuter World?

Comment

I got my Leap Motion controller last week, and played with it using the Driveline front end. It only seems to work with a single screen, and I am using Driveline on a dual screen desktop for testing. I am able to use it as a controller just fine, however it does require more concentration to use, because you have to move your fingers to a focus point to select something on screen. That means moving your hand in the air, either closer or further away froim the Leap device till the circles onscreen reach a focus point, then the circles (cursors for each finger) turn green and are detected as a click.

It's fun to play with. I used it to play a game of solitaire just fine, but I don't think it will work so well as is in a car enviroment without special programming. It does work with a PC as a 10 point multitouch controller though.

Comment

Working...
        X