Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omfg this dvd player is perfect

http://www.dscustoms.com/products/DSDVD1.htm

please tell me the downside(s), if any, for this unit...im about to scrap my whole ps2/carputer idea just cuz this thing does everything, omfg...and for 170? its gotta be a joke

well, i might still do a carputer down the road just for fun...but this things looks awesome

i did a search to find info on it...no results
    2005 Mustang GT:
    12w7...arc audio kar1000.2t...jl 300/4 pushng focal 165k2p...pioneer premier deh-880prs...tm-701l...audiocontrol eqs
    want: my stereo actually IN the car

Well, it can't run computer programs....
    OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
    www.whipflash.com
    Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Can it play self-encoded divx or mpeg?
      ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
      Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
      All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
      Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

ODYSSEY , doesn't look like it since its not a dvd-ROM. doesn't even look like it'll play vcd's
        '98 Explorer Sport
        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Comment

Originally posted by hijinks21
          ODYSSEY , doesn't look like it since its not a dvd-ROM. doesn't even look like it'll play vcd's
          according to the picture of the back of the box it has/can:
          play dvd, VCD, SVCD, mp3, cd-r, cd-rw (not dvd-r i dont think)
          show multiple subtitles
          multi angle/view/zoom
          electronic and mechanical anti-shock
          surround sound (center channel out that can hook straight to an amp and provide easy surround sound with no dolby digital "brain"...i think)
          inputs for video games
          support ntsc and pal

looks very worth the investment imo, ima get it and if i don't go that route and use it, it would work great as a dvd player for my room tv...with the help of an ac>dc converter

...i wouldn't have even mentioned this thing if it didn't play vcds...i live vcd's...that's the main reason i was lookin into a carputer, to play vcds...i have 340 full feature vcd movies on my home comp on 4 hard drives that total 480 gigs of space, 220 of which ive used so far...
          2005 Mustang GT:
          12w7...arc audio kar1000.2t...jl 300/4 pushng focal 165k2p...pioneer premier deh-880prs...tm-701l...audiocontrol eqs
          want: my stereo actually IN the car

Comment

i'd much rather spend the same ammount and get a good DVD-player for in-house.. and for car use.. i'll take a dvd-rom anyday
            '98 Explorer Sport
            http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
            AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
            80% done

Comment

Plays VCDs everyday in my truck, and these are a sweet DVD player, best one I could find. As for DVD-R, I have no idea... ( I don't have one yet, never felt that urge... ) Someone could try one and tell me!!! But they really work great, never skips. Not quite a computer, but people that want to play VCDs and mp3 discs have an option here.
              Dave
              Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

you can get dvd-roms for under $100 so why would you want that if your going to have a computer in your car.

Comment

ok but how does this relate to input devices?
                  I suppose that dvd unit is "good" at most. Also you should know car dvd players skip sometimes. It gets very annoying after a while, ....car computer at most will skip once
                  Mine needs to be updated.

Comment

I have a big, lifted suburban. as does a good friend of mine. We take them off-road, and these players don't skip. Also, this isn't a dvd drive for a computer. It outputs video and sound, and people don't need a computer to run it. Also, it has a nice digital output for people with surround sound precessors. This isn't what most poeple on this board need, but I'm sure some find it as an easy solution.
                    Dave
                    Old School MP3CAR.com member!

Comment

I have that DVD player in my car. Not really too happy with it. Plays DVD and VCD fine, but is pretty crappy for CD's and mp3. When playing a CD two main problems- it provides no output to the screen. No little graphic of a CD or anything like that, and even to see what track is playing you have to hit a button on the remote a couple times. So to tell what track it is on, I have to switch to the boring all white display, then find my remote and hit buttons. When playing an mp3 cd, it only gives 7 letters of the track name, and its not even the 1st 7 letters. If the track name was say "Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb" it displays as omething like 'Pinkumb'. The controls are not intuitive and the remote has about 100 buttons that are all exactly the same, so you have to look at the remote every time you need to do anything with it.

I put it in a month ago and I am putting it on eBay this week.

Comment

oh yeah my second beef with the cd player is that every time you turn on the car, it starts from the beginning of the CD. every other cd player I have ever used remembers where it was on the CD when you turn it off, and starts again from that point. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but when you can't see what track you are on its annoying to have to skip through the cd listening to the first couple seconds to get to the track you want

Comment

Working...
                        X