X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elo toucscreen Intelli touch

My touch screen kit finally arrived today and after going through the

"oh look it so cool and shiny"

new thing bit i have realised although i have a cable leading from the glas touchscreen to the controller board i do not have a cable that leads from the controller to the PC....!!! AAAH

what do i do!!!

Its a surface wave model if that is of any help.....

I notice there are 2 sets of output pins in different layouts but both containing 9 pins could this be a serial output??

Many many thanks!!!

Originally posted by Blop
    My touch screen kit finally arrived today and after going through the

"oh look it so cool and shiny"

new thing bit i have realised although i have a cable leading from the glas touchscreen to the controller board i do not have a cable that leads from the controller to the PC....!!! AAAH

what do i do!!!

Its a surface wave model if that is of any help.....

I notice there are 2 sets of output pins in different layouts but both containing 9 pins could this be a serial output??

Many many thanks!!!
    what should you do... contact ELO.
    if they sold you the kit, they should know what cable you are going to need to interface between the controller and the computer. and, yes, most likely it will be a serial connection.

~mike
    Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
    PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
    2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

Thanks for the reply i didnt buy from them though i bought them off ebay on the cheap!!

oops

Comment

I think you can still contact them, let them know what you've got and they should be willing to help. you are after all offering to spend money with their organization. But I agree, it is probably a serial device. You will need to know the pinouts. You might be able to find that info on the web. Is the socket on the controller a DB9? Does it look like this?

Peter
        Attached Files
        Stop Buying New Music CD's.
        Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

i have found on the elo site that it is a serial controller......however on the card there are 9 pins but they are not in a serial layout.

rather a

x x x x x
          0 x x x x

Where x's are pins and 0's not pins...So on the face of it, it looks like a rectangular female plug attaches to it and the on to the pc...

Comment

*and then on to the pc

Comment

Ok apparantley i need a cable pack which is going to cost me 15 pounds....

the reason it didnt come is that i order components and most people (companies) can put the cables together cheaper...

I wonder if i can too......

Comment

Originally posted by Blop
                Thanks for the reply i didnt buy from them though i bought them off ebay on the cheap!!

oops
                If there is no usb cable port then it's a serial controller. The cable from the screen can only be plugged in into one of the multi-pin assemblies due to some little plugs in the cable so that part should be relatively easy. The other pins are for power and data. You will definitely need to contact a dealer to help you.

try calling pentek (or pentech). They are listed as a dealer on the ELO website.

Sorry, don't have the number with me.

Comment

Damn I built all my cables for my setup myself. It will cost you much less if you do it yourself. But if you can already buy them built I recommend you do that.
                  GL
                  What im curently listening to.
                  My complete carpc setup

Comment

Ok i worked out in the end it is defintley a serial controller.........

Osirisdon can you dvise me on how to make the cables?

It would be appreciated as i cant afford cables at the mo.....

Comment

Its easy man. Heres the pinout LONG POST AHEAD!!

The ELO touchoverlay setup
                      At the ELO controller P2 I used sockets I found at my job. The socket fit neatly onto the pins, once I had them all lined up and straight I used "RTV" wich is a type of silicon. But either HOT glue or normal silicon will work just fine. Just make sure NON of the pins short to another, cause will get all type of errors, nothing will get damaged, but it just sont work. I used 22gauge wire to wire it to the serial connector.

P2 on the above image is the NINE wire serial connector. All you need to do is match up the numbers and you will be set.

The PC's serial connector, this small image is LOOKING at the connector from the front.

P4 is used for power. Connect P1 to your 12v rail of the psu. P2 and P4 go the black wire from the PSU connector. P8 Make sure you connect this to the chassis of the controller and ground it out. I had some major problems at first loosing my touch overlay. It would stop working, then connected this to the chassis of the controller and I have NOT had any more problems. I did NOT connect any other connectors, cause You really dont need the other features. There is a LED onboard the controller. P5 is for a remote LED. You'll be fine without connecting it. P9 is to reset the touchoverlay, again you will be fine without it.

P3 is the one that connects to the Touch Overlay. No need to do anything here.

Hope it works out.
                      My complete carpc setup

Comment

oh wow i was expecting a rough guide!!! i didnt expect you to lay it before my feet!!!

thank you very very much

Im at work all week so im going on the scavenge to make the cables i was thinking you know those plugs you get to attach to motherboard pins for stuff like LED's and speakers....... they might make an adhoc plug.......

15 GBP seems a bit steep for wire and plugs.....

Comment

Just want to help out.

Hopefully this post will help others as well. I dont plan on making this type of post again LOL.
                          My complete carpc setup

Comment

Im in process of making them up now......ill post the results

Comment

Working...
                            X