Storix External USB 2.0 DVD Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storix External USB 2.0 DVD Review

I just wanted to share some information regarding the Storix USB 2.0 DVD.

First of... the question I had was how to power the DVD...well it comes with a AC adapter, and a extra cable to power it from a 2nd USB port or keyboard port. The bad news is that if you are using it on a laptop you will need these adapters..... he he but I have the VIA M9000 with a DC to DC power supply and guess what... the USB port supply enough power to power the DVD. One cable is all that's needed. I ended up putting the DVD in the glove box for easy reach…

Just thought I’d let everyone know

S,
    VWTronics

Storix DVD $98.99 (Free Shipping)
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...704508-5287019

Sounds good...This may be the missing part for me to mount the Carputer in the boot.
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

I am curious to know how that storix drive works out, i have used the buslink, and i am not very happy with it. It doesn't work 1/2 the time, freezes, makes the comptuer slow, etc...

Please post how you like this model.

Comment

looks very interesting...
        Current Status: For Sale

Specs
        - 1.5Ghz Toshiba Laptop (available - no screen)
        - Indash Motorized 7" VGA TS
        - DeLorme GPS (sold)
        - Power Inverter (sold)
        - Pioneer HU (sold)

Comment

Well, I've had the Storix in the car now for about a week... and I've watched DVD, played CD,MP3's, and Installed programs while driving and so far I have not had it skip or give me any problems what so ever. I live in Boston and we are known for our potholes and crapy roads.....(Bent to rims a couple months ago $#@^%$#@)

If you have any Q? post them...

Chris

Comment

i have the buslink slim dvd-rom and most of the time, when i start my computer (winamp auto starts) the mp3s skip, and the only solution is to remove any cd in the dvd drive and restart. DOes anyone else have that problem w/ the buslink?

Comment

Originally posted by amrit50
              i have the buslink slim dvd-rom and most of the time, when i start my computer (winamp auto starts) the mp3s skip, and the only solution is to remove any cd in the dvd drive and restart. DOes anyone else have that problem w/ the buslink?
              is DMA turned on for this drive? Does your mobo sport usb2? Enough ram? power?
              Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
              Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

or PalmAmp
                Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
                Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

doesn't xp turn it (dma) on automatically? It's an older Gateway PIII MB, w/ a PCI usb 2.0 card. It worked perfectly w/ a full sized dvd-rom in a usb 2.0 external case, that's why i think the issue it w/ the buslink drive. 384 MB ram. I have tried w/ the usb/ps2 power adapter and without w/ the same results.

Comment

Working...
                  X