Xbox controller...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox controller...

I spliced my xbox controller into a usb cable... downloaded and installed the XHID drivers... so now my Xbox controller is useable as a gamepad/joystick in windows. Then i downloaded joystick2mouse3... and it lets me use the joysticks on the pad as a mouse controller... Also built into the software are assignable buttons on the controller.. When im in IE one button is page back, another is page forward, another scroll up or scroll down. The cool thing is you can assign butotns for specific apps... One button means one thing in IE and a totally differnt thing in winamp or PowerDVD. It also has virtual buttons.. meaning you assign one button as a shift key, so when you hold it down your other buttons have a whole new function... expanding you from having 6 buttons to 11... assign another shift key.. now you have 16. Its pretty tight.. Im still playing with the mouse sensativity.. its a lil awkward but im getting used to it. But its tight.. no key board or mouse on my box.. just an xbox controller.

Yepp I have that done. I don't like the xbox controller though. Where did you get the joystick2mouse3?
    - Lwin M. Maung
    If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph
      Yepp I have that done. I don't like the xbox controller though. Where did you get the joystick2mouse3?
      http://atzitznet.no-ip.org/Joy2Mouse3/Joy2Mouse3.htm

Comment

Do you know DreamCast controller is also a USB controller? DC is done in winCE so if someone can write a driver for DC, you can use them too.
        - Lwin M. Maung

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph
          Do you know DreamCast controller is also a USB controller? DC is done in winCE so if someone can write a driver for DC, you can use them too.
          I would love it if there was a driver... I've got 4 DC controllers, and it would be lovely to be able to use 'em with the PC.
          My Setup

Comment

http://www.mindtech-group.com/game_a...thers_eng.html

Google is your friend

Comment

Nice, Thanx... I'll just have to find out how much they are + postage to uk... It's a shame theres no circuit that could be homemade using a PIC or something.

It might be worth just buying an x-box controller...
              My Setup

Comment

omg, i've always wanted o use my n64 race wheel controller for my pc.

Perfect for my qcd player (winamp clone) and powere dvd
                Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
                Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt79
                  Nice, Thanx... I'll just have to find out how much they are + postage to uk... It's a shame theres no circuit that could be homemade using a PIC or something.

It might be worth just buying an x-box controller...
                  You don't need anything for XBOX controller. YOu just need a pair of scissors and some tape.

You cut the X box wires, there are 6 of them. You cut the regular USB wires, there are 5 of them, colour match them and join them. Tape it up and install the free drivers (look at the 1st post) and you are set. You have a X box controller for PC.
                  - Lwin M. Maung

Comment

Dreamcast controllers are based on the MapleBus (Sega's own) protocol. Also, the Dreamcast is not 'done' in WinCE, it can run it, but only if it's on the GD with the game. (i.e. a game can run it, but it's not built in)

omg, i've always wanted o use my n64 race wheel controller for my pc.
                    That would be cool. Get an N64 to PC adapter and you'll be set.

Comment

this is sweet!
                      I work at a games company (xbox games)
                      wait till my co-workers see my xbox mouse
                      01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                      01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                      mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Why hack up the controller just splice the usb connecter to one of the breakaway connectors for the control. Know what I'm talking about? Small 2 or 3 inch cable that plugs into the xbox then you plug your control into this cable. Or just use a plain old extension cable do your chopping there and you can still use the controler on the xbox as well. Here is another way it can be done also although I think the extension cable would be just as easy or easier. http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Mods/xbox..._to_pc_usb.htm

Comment

Matter of fact I just made one of these at lunch. Took about 30 minutes. I had an old USB mouse, cut off the cord cut the end off one of the xbox dongles that goes between xbox and controler. Soldered the 4 wires and the shielding heat shrunk everything, taped it up plugged it up to the PC and first try saw it DL the drivers and everything works. Pretty cool I think I'll be using it to control the carputer once its up and running. The thing I like is I can unplug the control from the usb cable and plug it back into the xbox and use it there since I didnt do any cutting on the actual controler cable. How often have you hopped on a spontanious game of Madden at a friends house and wished you had YOUR controler lol now its just a trip to the car away no more house controllers for me lol. Thanks for the idea thekage.

Comment

hey all im doin the xbox controller now and was wondering if any of u put some leds in ther controller, im about to light it up!!

Comment

yes theres tutorials all over the net.

edit:
                              I have a christmas themed controller where it uses flashing christmas lights and is painted red and green
                              Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
                              Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

Working...
                              X