voice control!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voice control!!

and for just a few hours of work I've got totally acceptable voice control over everything! (which isn't that much yet.. Just some basic windows and winamp commands..)

Using ViaVoice Pro with a set stereo headset/mic. (kinda high tech and geeky looking)..

Anyways, while driving with the music at a moderate (read comfortable) listening level with road noise and the moans and groans of my van I get very accurate results! If the music is too loud though the results get worse which makes sense, who can listen to music at high levels all the time though. I find a song I want to listen too and then turn it up, then turn it down a bit and get excellent voice response.

I'm sure that if I tweak the audio levels and settings a bit more I'm positive it'll get better results, plus I have to train it to my voice some more...

commands that I have working besides the standard default commands are winamp (even in the background), (stop, play, shuffle, skip forward, skip back, pause, resume, visual (starts visualization), skip to start (of playlist)) and for wizmo I have it setup to recognize my standby and shutdown commands which set volume at 10% and enter either mode...

It works awesome and I need to make some more commands to adjust volume and stuff.. I have the same commands programmed into my ATI remote wonder too (since that's what I started with)... so if all else fails and the computer doesnt respond either to noise or whatever reason I can still have full control over it with a push of a button..

long winded I know, but this is FUN!! it's so cool just driving around and saying pause, resume, skip ahead, skip back, shuffle.... LOL

TiTUS

That's really cool. Props to that. Let us know how that develops further.
    My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
    2 Kicker Comp 10"
    Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
    Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
    Check it out?!

Comment

TiTUS how about you start writting a book.. Jesus dude!
      thats a good find btw
      Originally posted by menudude
      thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Apparently the more you use it the more accurate it gets and if you spend some time training (the more the better) it should be able to start compensating better for loud conditions... As it works right now I'm impressed with it and if it gets better I'll be even more impressed! I showed a couple of my buddies tonight and they were really impressed by it...

Now I just need to figure out how to control the system volume effectively... I'm still using my ATI remote wonder to control the main volume and muting...

between wizmo and viavoice I dont think anything is beyond doing with voice control and macros...

TiTUS

Comment

Microsoft has a beta3 .NET Speech SDK available that might also be interesting for building a customized speech interface. It will also do text-to-speech. Think K.I.T.T.

"Michael... I'm detecting that you've listened to all your MP3s. Shall I rip another?"

-smobot

Comment

The Street Atlas software that comes with the DeLorme Eartmate GPS uses the Microsoft Speech Engine to provide voice control of the GPS and mapping. Once it is trained, you can just ask it "Where am I?" or say "Zoom in", etc. Pretty neat stuff. I am going to try to add voice control to all of the apps I'll be running in my car.

We don't need no stinking touch screens.

Comment

When I am done, my car will have voice control for moving the chair, climate control (I already have a digital climate control so it should be pretty easy), and lights and sounds (sirens/strobes).

- Lwin M. Maung
              If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

[sarcastic]When im done Im gonna have that voice control so down, that I will get in my car and say "start" the car will start up "AC" aircondition starts, "lets go to work" The car will drive me to work. All Ill have to do is chill out!! [/sarcasm]

edit: NO NO NO. I will get in my car say "Lets go to work" and it will start the car, turn the AC on!! and drive me to work. Now aint that something.
                What im curently listening to.
                My complete carpc setup

Comment

Why not? The new Toyota Prius can back itself into a parking space for just an extra $2000

Comment

Just curious....what version of via voice are you using?
                    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
                    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Seraph
                      When I am done, my car will have voice control for moving the chair, climate control (I already have a digital climate control so it should be pretty easy), and lights and sounds (sirens/strobes).

Any ideas on how you are going to interface the climate control ????
                      ALIBABA - I30 99
                      Nemiah M10000, C134
                      DVD, 40Gig, 256MB DDR
                      GPS, OBD 2, Reverse Cam
                      Mute on stereo w I300 car kit
                      Liliput 7in w usb touch screen
                      Direct connect with BOSE-CD changer

Comment

It's version 10... I tried it yesterday while driving around for work and had some mixed results (especially when it got louder in the van with road noise and music).. It's still a fun experiment and I'm going to continue to work on it. I find it's actually easier to hit a button on my ATI remote wonder than it is to talk commands to it, but it's still fun talking to your computer and hearing it respond and obey your command... I am getting some interesting looks from people when they see me talking into my headset while I'm driving, for all they know I'm on the phone I guess...

I'd like to set it up so when I say dumbass it flashes a LED sign with something like 'YOUR A DUMBASS!!' so when someone ****es me off (and they usually do!) I'll be able to avoid giving them the finger and verbally assault them instead! LOL

TiTUS

Comment

I'd like to set it up so when I say dumbass it flashes a LED sign with something like 'YOUR A DUMBASS!!' so when someone ****es me off (and they usually do!) I'll be able to avoid giving them the finger and verbally assault them instead!
                          too bad thats illegal.
                          Really the best thing to do in a van is to get a friend to moon them.
                          Originally posted by menudude
                          thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Working...
                          X