Lilliput Touchscreen Problem : Help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput Touchscreen Problem : Help!

Hope someone can help !! I've just purchased a 7" Lilliput with Touchscreen and installed it onto my Windows 2000 machine without any problems.

The touchscreen has been working great with Windows and also Media Engine 2.0. Cycles through everything i need, however all of a sudden tonight, after playing media engine for a few hours, the touchscreen feature stopped working. I then did a restart, and it worked. Just kept the computer in windows for about 5mins, and again, the touchscreen dissapeared!! I uninstalled the software, and USB driver, but again the problem still persisted!

When I went into the properties of the touchscreen software, it seemed that the USB cable was connecting and then disconnecting.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what is wrong here? Would appreciate any help.

Originally posted by spaced_chris
    Hope someone can help !! I've just purchased a 7" Lilliput with Touchscreen and installed it onto my Windows 2000 machine without any problems.

The touchscreen has been working great with Windows and also Media Engine 2.0. Cycles through everything i need, however all of a sudden tonight, after playing media engine for a few hours, the touchscreen feature stopped working. I then did a restart, and it worked. Just kept the computer in windows for about 5mins, and again, the touchscreen dissapeared!! I uninstalled the software, and USB driver, but again the problem still persisted!

When I went into the properties of the touchscreen software, it seemed that the USB cable was connecting and then disconnecting.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what is wrong here? Would appreciate any help.
    Not sure if this will help, but try a powered USB hub, maybe it's drawing too much power from the USB bus? One of my devices used to do a similar thing, maybe that will solve it?

91 Stealth RT/TT
    CarPuter: Inspiron 5150 P4 3.0ghz; Built-in WiFi; Deluo GPS; Radio Shark; OBD1; Nostromo Speedpad
    Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Clarion 500.5 amp; 100.2 center channel amp; Kicker Solo-baric L7 10" Sub
    Display: Lilliput 7" Touchscreen

Comment

Check the connection between the Lilliput and the VGA/USB Connector. I found out that you can push the plug in much further than you first think. That solved the problem for me.

Jeeve5
      Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

Comment

powered hub

my lilliput was delivered last week.. but if i use it over a hub (with/without external power) screen doesn't look good!!

i have to run it directly over onboard USB connections...
        Car: 85' Audi Urquattro
        System: VIA EPIA M10000?, GPS, WLAN, DLink Radio
        Display: 7" Lilliput Touchscreen
        Power: 300W DC/AC Inverter, OPUS?
        Sound: 7.1 Dolby Digital with Audigy2 NX

Comment

SCreen doesn't look good?!?!?!

That doesn't have anything to do with it. If the screen only looks good when you plug in the usb cable then you have a bad din connection and need to play with it. I had this problem and found it to be the din connector. I had to plug in the usb cable to get a proper ground before the picture would look good.
          Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
          512mb DDR333
          Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Originally posted by ddogg_777
            SCreen doesn't look good?!?!?!

That doesn't have anything to do with it. If the screen only looks good when you plug in the usb cable then you have a bad din connection and need to play with it. I had this problem and found it to be the din connector. I had to plug in the usb cable to get a proper ground before the picture would look good.
            i know.. the picture looks better when connected usb and vga. but this isn't what i mean..
            my problem is that if i connect lilliput usb cable on a usb hub (with/without power) instead of directly on pc, it doesn't look that good.. but it's only a temporary problem, because i'll be using the via m10000 and i'll connect lilliput directly to motherboard.
            Car: 85' Audi Urquattro
            System: VIA EPIA M10000?, GPS, WLAN, DLink Radio
            Display: 7" Lilliput Touchscreen
            Power: 300W DC/AC Inverter, OPUS?
            Sound: 7.1 Dolby Digital with Audigy2 NX

Comment

Originally posted by cotwild
              i know.. the picture looks better when connected usb and vga. but this isn't what i mean..
              my problem is that if i connect lilliput usb cable on a usb hub (with/without power) instead of directly on pc, it doesn't look that good.. but it's only a temporary problem, because i'll be using the via m10000 and i'll connect lilliput directly to motherboard.
              The picture should not be any better when the usb cable is plugged in. If it does, you have a cable problem.
              Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
              512mb DDR333
              Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Working...
              X