Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollable foldable gel keyboard - USB

http://www.megamacs.com/v1/keyboard.php

What do you guys think? I know its not wireless, but you could just smoosh it into your glovebox.

I remember someone previously talking about these keyboards, and if I recall they said that it was hard to use in the car, because it only works well if on a hard surface. But they would probably make a good emergency type keyboard for those unexpected lockups etc...
    My OLD Carputer: http://www.mp3car.com/node/18137
    Currently, Don't have a carputer :( I sold my lincoln and bought a '93 Acura Vigor, plan on putting a carputer in it one of these days. You can see my vigor at: This Site

Comment

Find a smaller one IMHO.
      2002 Golf TDI With Phatbox . Blue 87 Supra Needs to go, Grey 89 Targa with stock Radio.

Comment

Those things **** me off. They stole my idea!

I had been experimenting with removing the membranes from a keyboard and using them in more unconventional ways (say, underneath the surface layer of a dashboard).

As it is, with those rollup dealies, they ARE hard to use in a car. You're going to want something smaller anyhow.
        The ALEXIS Project
        MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
        Color Coding :
        DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

A couple of questions... why would they be hard to use in a car? Couldn't you just slap it on top of the passenger side dash if you needed to type something? or use the steering wheel for the firm base?

Why would you want something smaller since you can fold and tuck this away?

Comment

Sure, you can fold it and tuck it alright, but it's a FULL SIZE keyboard! That isnt going to work on the steering wheel for one thing, and sure as hell will be one big distraction trying to use it on the passenger dash! It would be just fine for the passenger, to be sure, but in the end, if it's for the passenger, you are better off with a mini keyboard. If it's for you, you are still better off with the mini. It can even be mounted to your sunvisor to help keep it handy yet out of the way...
            The ALEXIS Project
            Color Coding :

Comment

On your steering wheel lol ... i see it now beep beep beep
              CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
              Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Sorry... I'm new to the computer thing, but how often will you be typing while on the road?

Comment

I have one of these. what I did is glue it to my head liner so I could just use it as a quick key thing for macros an such. Anyway this was a very bad idea. After about a month the membrane began to sag and now there is a huge air pocket in it. The membrane is not very titely adhered to the keys. It is like one of those keyboard covers for a regular keyboard you can get to make it spill proof. Accept there is nothing hard underneath of course.
                  Anyway to make a quick comment, dont waste your money. they are hard to use and when tucked away remember that the keys are being pressed while rolled up or shoved in a glove box. They dont just turn off when you store it. This really interferes with many programs, trust me. This is how I originally was using it.

Just my 2 pennies on the keyboard though....THEY SUCK FOR CARS
                  Just buy a normal small keyboard, here is a link to a good one the guy has about five left. I bought one, and am contemplating getting a second.
                  Ebay Link

Comment

Originally posted by afr0puff
                    Sorry... I'm new to the computer thing, but how often will you be typing while on the road?
                    You could need to do a quick search for a particular song... That's how I used mine when I had the first ALECCS unit installed in my car...

The ALECCS Project
                    The ALEXIS Project
                    Color Coding :

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGT
                      I remember someone previously talking about these keyboards, and if I recall they said that it was hard to use in the car, because it only works well if on a hard surface. But they would probably make a good emergency type keyboard for those unexpected lockups etc...
                      I said this as well as many others on the forums here. Returned it the next day and ordered a Zippy 610EL
                      Aura MR62 (F and R)
                      My Current MP3s
                      IamDefiler.com

Comment

Working...
                      X