How Can I Prevent uninstall/reinstall of Lilliput Touchscreen drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I Prevent uninstall/reinstall of Lilliput Touchscreen drivers

My setup is a M10000 and Lilliput touchscreen. I built the pc in a case so it could be easily removed from my car so I can administer it in the house. The Lilliput stays in the car and that's where the problem starts. The touchscreen drivers need to be reinstalled when I take the pc back to the truck after running it without the touchscreen in the house. Not that big of deal, but I wasn't planning on having a keyboard hooked up to the pc. So after the computer boots up it brings up the dialog to install the touchscreen, but with no keyboard and no mouse I'm stuck. Any ideas on how I can keep the driver from needing to be reinstalled every time I put the computer back into the truck?
    '03 Sierra Denali

I think if you have two hardware profiles set up in windows, your problem would be solved.

You simply make the first (AND default!) profile with the touchscreen drivers installed and running. The second profile has the drivers not installed and is selected with a keyboard when you have it plugged in in your house.

I hope this helps!

Matthew

Originally posted by rgardjr
    My setup is a M10000 and Lilliput touchscreen. I built the pc in a case so it could be easily removed from my car so I can administer it in the house. The Lilliput stays in the car and that's where the problem starts. The touchscreen drivers need to be reinstalled when I take the pc back to the truck after running it without the touchscreen in the house. Not that big of deal, but I wasn't planning on having a keyboard hooked up to the pc. So after the computer boots up it brings up the dialog to install the touchscreen, but with no keyboard and no mouse I'm stuck. Any ideas on how I can keep the driver from needing to be reinstalled every time I put the computer back into the truck?
    Matthew
    Mitsubishi Lancer Hatch
    VIA EPIA 800V
    128RAM - 10 GB HDD
    200 Watt PSU - 300 Watt Inverter
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
    D-Link USB FM Radio
    Dlink DWL-520+ b/g Wifi Card
    Fortuna GPSmart
    Alpine Amp and Splits
    Gentoo Linux/Windows 2000

Comment