Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shuttle PN31 remote - programmable keys?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shuttle PN31 remote - programmable keys?

Anyone bought/used one of these remotes?
    The US site talks about '6 programmable alpha keys' in the main blurb, but the acrobat page is strangely devoide of information and there's no howto's.
    I emailed them a few months ago about this, but no reply so far.
    Idea's/suggestions on how to re-map the 6 keys anyone?

I'm not sure, but there is this freeware program I use call hkcontrol "Hotkeys XP".
    teh website is: http://www.webattack.com/get/hkcontrol.html
    Give it a shot unless some knows of a better program. It'll let you remap anykey, even unique USB keys...
    I did it all with a Dell and a Dock!
    DVD,MP3,TV,FM,GPS, XM,WiFi,CDRW,
    5.1 Dolby, 420 GB, 512 MB,1 Ghz,7" Touch

Comment

how many people are using these remotes? im looking at setting up a system, probably a shuttle, and this is looking like an enticing feature. is it safe to go w/? are these things better than other remotes out there? -RYan

Comment

Bradaland - Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Ryanerb - I'm useing one seriously, they are fairy new so no idea how popular. As for how good, they are IR not RF which is a shame but they're cheap as well. The mouse pad works well but is a little slow, but nothing that couldn't be tweaked, and it has most of the buttons you could wish for without being too big (unlike the ATI one).

Kevin

Comment

zaphodbb, sounds good. How is it to control media engine? is there an up and down, side to side feature to just select the mp3, dvd, gps, etc squares? or would u just use the mouse pointer? speaking of the mouse pad, you said it could be fixed by tweaking it. would this be a software tweak, or a hardware? if software, is it just a setting, or would somebody have to write an actual program for it? let us know how the "Hotkeys Xp" worked. thanks -Ryan

Comment

Ryan

My stuff is on the bench at the moment, and now that I've got a touchscreen the remote may no longer be needed.
            If I get enough time I'll run through all the keys to see how well it works with ME function wise.
            Tweak = mouse cursor speed (should have said that instead) in CP.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X