IPOD round touch thingy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPOD round touch thingy

i was wondering if any of you know where i could get one of those round touch devides that the ipods have on them. it's made by synaptics, but i'd doubt syanptics would sell anything to me unless i wanted the touch pad in quantities of thousands scrapping an old ipod would work, i just don't have a way of getting one of those either (yes ebay has dead ipods, but the things r sooo scratched up and the touch thing might not work too well). or what would be even better is if i could get my hands on one of those luxpads synaptics makes too... http://www.synaptics.com/products/lux.cfm that'd be cool. anyone got any ideas? thanks, andy
    National Geode 233 MMX, Homemade 5V/12V DC-DC Converter, 6.5" TFT LCD w/ Touchscreen, Motorola Oncore GT+ GPS w/ Routis, Netgear 802.11 w/ External Antenna, IBM Travelstar 10gig HD, Homemade Serial Infrared receiver, Homemade Small Serial Trackball

Originally posted by awh4992
    i was wondering if any of you know where i could get one of those round touch devides that the ipods have on them. it's made by synaptics, but i'd doubt syanptics would sell anything to me unless i wanted the touch pad in quantities of thousands scrapping an old ipod would work, i just don't have a way of getting one of those either (yes ebay has dead ipods, but the things r sooo scratched up and the touch thing might not work too well). or what would be even better is if i could get my hands on one of those luxpads synaptics makes too... http://www.synaptics.com/products/lux.cfm that'd be cool. anyone got any ideas? thanks, andy
    While not as sleek as the iPod touchwheel, this looks like it has some promise: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/.

I bought one to try out in my car. Except for the blue LED on the bottom, the look is almost a perfect match for my car (Acura RSX-S).

Comment

oooOOoo that looks cool...hmm maybe i should put my player together (like in a case of some sort) before i start thinkin about what's gonna be hangin outside of the box lol. thanks though, i'll look into this thing i think...and the blue led should be easily changed if necessary hehe.
      National Geode 233 MMX, Homemade 5V/12V DC-DC Converter, 6.5" TFT LCD w/ Touchscreen, Motorola Oncore GT+ GPS w/ Routis, Netgear 802.11 w/ External Antenna, IBM Travelstar 10gig HD, Homemade Serial Infrared receiver, Homemade Small Serial Trackball

Comment

I know this thread is old, but oh well.

Q-Prox makes a variable touchpad chip.
        www.qprox.com

Comment

Originally posted by zapwizard
          I know this thread is old, but oh well.

Q-Prox makes a variable touchpad chip.
          www.qprox.com
          That's pretty cool. Although they're selling their product to other businesses. I see one application for their products (not the cool slider, mind you) is the passenger controls in the seat of an airliner (turning the audio volume up and down, selecting channels, turning on the reading light, calling the stewardess, etc.)
          One thing that you could do is setup the slider to be a quick & easy volume control. Or get a slider and a couple buttons to control volume, toggle mute and toggle visualizations on & off.
          They're programmable buttons, so you can make them do whatever).

You can even get an LED to light, indicating volume position! VERY cool!
          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballistyx
            While not as sleek as the iPod touchwheel, this looks like it has some promise: http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/.

I bought one to try out in my car. Except for the blue LED on the bottom, the look is almost a perfect match for my car (Acura RSX-S).
            BMW has something like that in there cars that controls climate and other things.
            *Laptop $107
            *Hauppauge WinTv-USB FM $36.02
            *USB Drive Enclosure $24.95
            *USB 2.0 PCMCIA Card $19.85
            *Crossover Cable $25.97
            *Earthmate GPS LT-20 $97.60
            *2.5 adapter 16.24
            Total - $327.63
            Current Budget - $322.37
            Aug 25. Deadline

Comment

Working...