No announcement yet.

control winamp, using PALM via IRDA- software

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• control winamp, using PALM via IRDA- software

I have palm visor and i want to control winamp with palm.I have usb cradle and IRda(like in notebook) but i cant find a software to control winamp(i found software only with "com" function).

so if you know which program to use to cotrol winamp via irda or usb, please write it down!

Have a nice day/night)
    I was born brilliant, but education ruined me!

I have a serial cradle if you want it
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

but I hope you are good with linux. It's some very nice software once you get it working. I'm currently using a palm to control my system. I tested out this one when I was deciding which piece of software to use.
      Also, have a look at this site:
      It's not in english but it's got screenshots of a couple of pieces of palm software.

I eventually decided on palmamp as I didn't want to have to set up giantdisc again if something went wrong etc, its very complicated (I've never really been into linux too much).

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck

does it works with BT?

You tell us, try it!
          car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

there is a MUCH easier way to do this than what everyone else has mentioned so far. Put an infared receiver on your carputer, and download/buy a copy of remote control software for your palm (there are plenty of programs like this, does a wonderful job of immulating a remote control). Then, just use Girder to to implement all the commands as necessary using the remote input. This will work great for pause/play, volume, etc. The only issue is for playing specific songs, that will not be possible beyond a certain set of pre-defined playlists.