Joystick as mouse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick as mouse?

This looks promising. Anybody heard of it or tried it??

http://www.codevis.com/mousestick_docs.html#Main
    Fabricator

think i can control my mouse with the steering wheel? that would make for an interesting drive.

8 years ago maybe, I had a joystick with mouse drivers. It was a ***** and a half to use.
    car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Really? I thought it would be easier than anything else I've seen here. (Pointer, trackball. touchpad) I just want some sort of touchscreen backup permanently installed for working with apps that need more accuracy to use.
      Fabricator

Comment

I have one of these in my armrest:

(no that's not my arm)
        www.handykey.com

Uses the IBM accupoint bull. You might mount one of those IBM accupoints in your steering wheel

P.S. sorry for pseudo jacking your topic. A joystick might be cool if you could find a very simple one with a good mounting place.

Comment

That is nice, but I don't need the keyboard functionality. I want something I can integrate into the environment I want to create in the car. Luckily, I found it searching for the IBM Accupoint!

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles...?cid=12&id=308

EDIT: Nevermind the stupid thing still has a ball underneath!!
          Fabricator

Comment

sorry it's called the trackpoint. Toshiba calls it the accupoint. doh

I'll see if i can find one anywhere. What I like about the trackpoint over a trackball is that the gitters (which i have except when in motion) don't make it impossible to use.

Comment

Originally posted by robiewp
              I have one of these in my armrest:

(no that's not my arm)
              www.handykey.com

Uses the IBM accupoint bull. You might mount one of those IBM accupoints in your steering wheel

P.S. sorry for pseudo jacking your topic. A joystick might be cool if you could find a very simple one with a good mounting place.

Wow That thing better be mad out of gold, $219 for a mouse ??
              Home Page
              New '93 R1
              http://member.newsguy.com/~gfxfctry/...Signiature.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Altimat

that thing, uh looks like something else
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                  that thing, uh looks like something else
                  Well...I'm looking for something that will feel natural in my hand...
                  Fabricator

Comment

http://atzitznet.no-ip.org/Joy2Mouse3/Joy2Mouse3.htm
                    you could try this program too, see which one you like more.

make your own joystick. I was thinking about making a mini joystick that fits on my stick shift. like a different knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Altimat
                      Well...I'm looking for something that will feel natural in my hand...
                      [H]4 Life
                      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

girder allows mouse control. I control my mouse with a IR remote and irman. It allows speed control and all. Acceleration could use some work, but im probably not using it right. Still the mouse is very usable for me this way. I imagine girder can recieve commands from a joystick, if thats what you really want to do.

mike
                        91 cadillac sedan deville, winXP, FV25 with Celeron 800, Redant 7" widescreen in dash, Opus DC-DC, Irman, Digital Cable remote(lots of buttons), 120 gig 7200rpm 8meg cache WD hard drive, VI power mobile HD rack, mediaengine

Comment

Originally posted by RX7FDTT
                          Wow That thing better be mad out of gold, $219 for a mouse ??
                          It's not just a mouse, it's a one handed cording keyboard. I kind of forgot about price... Probably cost prohibitive for most. I bought it while I had two 6 inch subcutaneous K pins in my left shoulder. I lost use of my left arm for 4 months... but didn't escape the massive amounts of **** I always have on the 'to do' list.

It's well worth the cost if you put the time into learning to use it IMO

Comment

Working...
                          X