TV Tuner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Tuner

Any chance I could somehow use my TV Tuner card and a mobil TV antenna to recieve and watch local tv on my pc??? If not, let me know how it would work.

Thanks,
    Landon

you could do that.. you won't get reception while driving though. Most tv tuners have a setting to switch for broadcast or cable.
    '98 Explorer Sport
    http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
    AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
    80% done

Comment

Why would there be no reception while driving??

Comment

you need a special antena that is like the size or a car's roof in order to get reception. The reason is that broadcast TV was not designed like radio. Meaning that it was not designed to be picked up while moving. I had pretty good antenas on my truck and i could pick up sound just fine but no video.. it was hardly viewable.
        '98 Explorer Sport
        http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
        AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
        80% done

Comment

I will have to throw my 2 cents in. I had a little portable 7 ich B&W tv that i used to throw in the back of my truck before installing a multimedia system. I used to get pretty good reception on the same channels i would get normaly. didnt make a difference if i was driving or not. I have yet to hook anything up to my TV tuner card but if a little portable tv can pick it up i dont see why a tv tuner card with a good antenna couldnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanadu1979
            Any chance I could somehow use my TV Tuner card and a mobil TV antenna to recieve and watch local tv on my pc??? If not, let me know how it would work.

Thanks,
            Landon
            I got a WinTV card in mine, all I use for an antenna is a old TV antenna the kind that sits on top. I'm planing on getting a amplified mobile antenna that sticks to the inside of the rear window. As for reseption, if you live in a city you will get the local channels... the quality is actualy good in the Boston area.

Comment

If you want to watch TV while driving, you should get this:

http://www.detnews.com/2004/autoscon.../g03-35101.htm

---

And I can you tell what is a good tv antenna for my car....where can I get one?

Comment

Try hooking you car's radio antenna to the TV card. Worked for me.
                ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")

Comment

If I do that, how is the image quality of the TV while driving. I know I won't be watching TV while driving, but the passengers might. I haven't check what type of input the car radio antenna have, can you tell me how I should hook the car's radio antenna to the TV card? What type of adapater should I get?

Comment

Originally posted by BrUTaL
                    If I do that, how is the image quality of the TV while driving. I know I won't be watching TV while driving, but the passengers might. I haven't check what type of input the car radio antenna have, can you tell me how I should hook the car's radio antenna to the TV card? What type of adapater should I get?
                    Depends on how strong the channels are. Weak channels might fade in and out while driving (55+ mph).

Find some cheap rabbit ears and place them in the back window, see how well of a single you get.

Technically, antennas are tuned to frequencies. The higher the frequency, the shorter antenna is required. TV is VHF-lo (55.25-83.25Mhz), VHF-hi (175.25-211.25Mhz) and UHF (471.25-801.25Mhz), FM (88.1-107.9Mhz) is between VHF-lo and VHF-hi.

http://hotspotcb.com/cbshop/techtips/ANTtool.html
                    ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
                    Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
                    All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
                    Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                    X