Steering wheel trackball?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steering wheel trackball?

Has anybody had any luck with mini trackballs? I was thinking of trying to mount one on my steering wheel. The most promising canidate is this small handheld design. What do you think?

Wouldn't a touch pad be a little easier.

Comment

the thing about trackballs is that the engine vibration will cause the ball to move.

Basically, that means if you leave the mouse pointer on "next track", it may move somewhere else while you are driving--causing you to move the pointer back to the next track button each time.
      Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
      Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
      I'M DEBT FREE!!
      I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Good call, I could see that being a pain. I'm thinking I'll see what I can do with one of those cirque cat touchpads instead.

Comment

Originally posted by CoCa
          Has anybody had any luck with mini trackballs? I was thinking of trying to mount one on my steering wheel. The most promising canidate is this small handheld design. What do you think?
          I have one of those and it is hard to use even sitting still.
          Also if you are going with that, shop around. I got mine like $10.

Comment

I use this sometimes with my home pc. i got mine for $8

Comment

Ditch the whole trackball idea. See how comfortable you are using a touchpad before you buy one though. They can be a pain in the ***. All though I have a Touch screen, I like to use the mouse sometimes as well. I use an optical mouse in the car and it works great. I could never get use to using a touch pad. Maybe you will have better luck though. I think I may just be stuck in "low tech purgatory" and became happy with what I had.

Comment

Working...
              X