Lilliput disassemble tutorial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput disassemble tutorial

..wth are my posts going to the top of the thread?

How long is a typical cable between the LCD and the PCB??

Comment

Lilliput disassemble tutorial

How many here actually want this kind of tutorial? I havent been able to find one (maybe i missed it). I just got the guts to take mine apart, and i can take some pixs and such so you know whats gonna be there when you crack it open and such....lemme know
      Vehicle: 2003 Mistubishi Evolution
      PC Specs: 1gHz Nehemiah M10000
      512mb RAM
      Windows XP Professional
      80gb 7200rpm 8mb cache HDD
      UI: MediaEngine 2.1

Comment

what about this one?
        http://www.tmz.com/wrx/lilliputLCD.html

or are you looking at doing something more specific?
        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
        I'M DEBT FREE!!
        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I was talking removing the housing. Iknow before i tried it i had wished i saw pics of what was connected where and stuff.

-Evoxtc
          512mb RAM
          Windows XP Professional

Comment

Im thinkin people who have wanted to have already now that its been around for so long thats why i was asking...seems non useful anymore... so w/e
            512mb RAM
            Windows XP Professional

Comment

Well all I can give for advice is, watch out very carefully, its a ***** to disassemble, and its easy to break some of the wires... I personally broke the button control-flat cable... And in the course of modifieing the screen, the touchscreen 'wire' came 'lose' from the screen itself, so now the touchscreen is working on/off...

Comment

i would LOVE a tutorial on how to dissasemble my lilliput, i unscrewed teh case but lost the balls when i didnt know what was tethered where and how to disconnect stuff properly. TIA for whoever is trying to do this.
                Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Comment

I've already pulled mine apart VERY carefully, but a tutorial would be good.

I'm trying to mount mine to the facia of the dash. Is there anyway of mounting the screen without the back plastic of the actual unit? ie. without the speaker. It looks like i can't because the circuitry is mounted the back part not the front. I just figured it would be better for cooling.
                  AUDI A4, 2.6 V6
                  Audio: Morel, Audison, Hertz, Stinger, Pioneer
                  Carputer: Mirco ATX, 2.4gHz, 256ram, 80gig, 7"touchscreen, Opus

Unfortunately, that's the end! Was good while it lasted, but gotta sell the car.

Comment

You can also get some tips from this thread...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21975
                    Here in Portugal we have great weather, lots of brunnets, party a lot,drink a lot....
                    http://img138.echo.cx/img138/896/bannerjoshua5dy.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Tha Hombre
                      I've already pulled mine apart VERY carefully, but a tutorial would be good.

I'm trying to mount mine to the facia of the dash. Is there anyway of mounting the screen without the back plastic of the actual unit? ie. without the speaker. It looks like i can't because the circuitry is mounted the back part not the front. I just figured it would be better for cooling.
                      Yeah I just did it... Just make a custom backplate with standoffs... (Piece of metal with a few accurately placed holes and some bolts and nuts for standoffs) heres the URL for mine http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22099

The speaker easily comes off as it's attached to the back via a two pin connector.

I also wrote up a decent little step by step for taking it apart, it's not that hard, just use caution.

Comment

Working...
                      X