Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Devicefor Winamp

Hi,
    I'm trying to complete project of Jukebox with PC inside working with Winamp, Standard LCD and Keyboard input.

I'm searching for Winamp opening file according to a button switched, for example, if i want "Let it Be" i have to press 1, if i want "tutti frutti", i have to press 2, and that way for 50 Songs (means that i have to press 1 and 0 for son number ten).

Please help me because i have no solution, or it's possible to try other playing software.

Thanks

Oliver (from France, sorry for so poor English)

Sounds like a job for a small VB app to me...
    The ALEXIS Project
    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
    Color Coding :
    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

checkout and learn www.girder.nl I'm pretty sure it can handle it, right defiler?
      -
      My cars
      -

Comment

Oliver.

If I get it right, you want pushbuttons to interact with winamp.

you can relatively easily interface 15 buttons/comport to winamp

try this guide
        http://www.modasylum.com/guides.php?guide=21

note: if you have hard times in english, PM me. I'm from Québec and always willing to write in french.
        -Mars

Comment

I had a Winamp plugin which did EXACTLY what you wanted, waaay back when I had V1 of my Carputer...

Basically, all you needed was the numpad from a keyboard, and you could control everything. Press 8/2 for volume, 7/9 for searching through the track by 5 seconds, 1/3 for skipping 10 tracks at a time, 4/6 for prev/next track, 5 for play/pause, 0 for stop, - for shuffle on/off, and then use + then type the playlist number, then + again for it to change to that song, ie +628+

I'll see if I can dig it up...it also is used to control a HD44780 based character LCD, if i remember correctly!

Garry
          Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
          www.aimee.cc

Comment

OK, can't remember if this is actually it...but this seems to ring a bell...

Lorty's mp3Car plugin

Garry
            www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by jol
              checkout and learn www.girder.nl I'm pretty sure it can handle it, right defiler?
              Damn staight!!!
              Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

Reply for winamp commands

Originally posted by Confused
                I had a Winamp plugin which did EXACTLY what you wanted, waaay back when I had V1 of my Carputer...

Basically, all you needed was the numpad from a keyboard, and you could control everything. Press 8/2 for volume, 7/9 for searching through the track by 5 seconds, 1/3 for skipping 10 tracks at a time, 4/6 for prev/next track, 5 for play/pause, 0 for stop, - for shuffle on/off, and then use + then type the playlist number, then + again for it to change to that song, ie +628+

I'll see if I can dig it up...it also is used to control a HD44780 based character LCD, if i remember correctly!

Garry
                You seems to understand what i need, but the problem is that i want to choose by entering a "code" , for example to have the fifth song i want to push 5, for the ten's one i want to press 1 and 0.
                This is for being in the same configuration as olds jukebox where you choose your song on a panel.
                I can use other software if you know one working with LCD HD...., let me know

Thanks in advance

Regards

Olivier

Comment

From that..I reckon you're gonna either have to:

Find a Winamp plugin that does that (proved not so successful)
                  Write a Winamp plugin that does that
                  Write a program which can take the input from a numpad and push that to Winamp.
                  Panic!

Good luck!!

Garry
                  www.aimee.cc

Comment

There is a plugin for Winamp that will let you choose a track based on its position in a playlist. The downside is that you will have to have a printout of the list with you to find a song.

Basically, you hit the + key, type the number, then hit + again, and off it goes. I think I have it here if you're interested. I also have that plugin that drives an LCD character display and gives keypad control too.
                    The ALEXIS Project
                    Color Coding :

Comment

Thanks for info, i tried to find it on winamp site but i don't succeed.
                      Please give me plugins name in order to stop this boring research for pleasure.

Thanks

Olivier

Comment

The LCD one with keypad control is located here:http://www.markuszehnder.ch/projects/lcdplugin/
                        The ALEXIS Project
                        Color Coding :

Comment

What a pain in the ***! I could imagine looking over at my girlfriend and asking, " hun, can you play some <insert band name here>?" And her going into the glove box, instead of pulling out a CDCase, she pulls out a printout of my playlist.

Comment

Yes, I agree it is a pain, but how else could you do song selection with only the keypad? There is another plugin that turns the keypad into like a phone's keypad, so you hit 1 multiple times, through A then B then C then 1 again, hit + to move next etc. Now THAT'S a pain in the ***!

Better yet, create a master playlist, set Winamp to shuffle, and let it roll. Nuff said.
                            The ALEXIS Project
                            Color Coding :

Comment

Originally posted by deadweasel
                              The LCD one with keypad control is located here:http://www.markuszehnder.ch/projects/lcdplugin/
                              That's the one I was using, and described above

That was an awesome little plugin, everything being controlled by just a numpad

Garry
                              www.aimee.cc

Comment

Working...
                              X