Powermate LED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powermate LED

I was wondering if I can change the blue LED on the powermate to orange. I was looking at this particular LED on ebay that I would be interested in. Please help. Thanks in advance.

-Noa

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=26207

You're kidding right? Ebay for an LED? Goto www.digikey.com, I'd be willing to bet it's cheaper there.
    http://www.arizonasportcompacts.com

Comment

I've seen someone do Red but I can't remember where for the life of me.
      Aura MR62 (F and R)
      My Current MP3s
      IamDefiler.com

Comment

i think some of the special edition black ones came with a red led instead of blue
        Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

Don't know about changing the color, but you can enhance the led with one of these.

icemate

Comment

color change

I'm looking to change the LED on a Powermate to red so it matches the interior of my audi. I haven't been able to find anyone who has hacked their powermate though. Anyone?

Nic, are you sure about the Black Powermate's w/ a red LED? I called up Griffin and they said they don't make powermates with a red LED.

Comment

i have to ask.!

what's a powermate--?
              Sorry for the english

CarPC Specs.

Via Epia MII 12000 \\ 512 Mb Ram \\ 200 GB Western Digital \\ PCmcia asus wi-fi
              Xenarc 7" Touchscreen \\ Usb Bluetooth \\ Carnetix P-1280

Comment

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powermate/
                Aura MR62 (F and R)
                My Current MP3s
                IamDefiler.com

Comment

hmmm, that should'nt be a problem to change colour,
                  have you tried tear it apart, to see wich LED they are using..?
                  just be a bit carefull not overheating the LED, (over powering it)
                  the blue LED has a drop voltage at about 3,5 Volt (typical) and the Red is only about 2 Volt's wich means that there will be more current in the red LED, and most diodes dont like more than apr. 20 mAmps, then the lifetime will decrease
                  Sorry for the english

CarPC Specs.

Via Epia MII 12000 \\ 512 Mb Ram \\ 200 GB Western Digital \\ PCmcia asus wi-fi
                  Xenarc 7" Touchscreen \\ Usb Bluetooth \\ Carnetix P-1280

Comment

Originally posted by TheChiman
                    I'm looking to change the LED on a Powermate to red so it matches the interior of my audi. I haven't been able to find anyone who has hacked their powermate though. Anyone?

Nic, are you sure about the Black Powermate's w/ a red LED? I called up Griffin and they said they don't make powermates with a red LED.
                    yes, positive, they were a special edition black powermate, it was probably a year or so ago though

Comment

BTW, I just found this alternative to PowerMate, called SpaceTraveller:
                      http://www.3dconnexion.com/spacetraveler.htm
                      Anyway its got blue illumination and appearently it has more then one LED only.
                      On the other hand, IMHO it has much nicer look which will probably match our car interiors better then PowerMate.

EDIT: ehmmm... I just realised it is a bit overpriced - it costs more then 650 Euro (yes, thats correct 650 Euro).

Comment

I have three of the powermates, two silver and one black. They all have blue LEDs in them. I tried getting one of them open, but didn't try real hard. At almost $45 a pop with shipping I didn't want to d*ck it up.
                        VIA MII 10000 - 512MB Ram - Dual 2.5" drives, Xenarc 700TSV, Panasonic CW-8132-B, Opus 150, Audigy 2 NX, PowerMate, IOADR1610 10 Relay card

Comment

I have looked online and I can find no evidence of there ever being a Limited Edition Black Powermate w/ red LED. I think I'm going to install the powermate in a recessed hole which would cover up the blue LED.

LagunaICE, nice find. I like the extra buttons, however I'm not sure there are Mac OS drivers for the SpaceTraveler.

Comment

now that i look i cant find any evidence either, maybe i drempt it or something, or got confused with other people changing the leds too red??

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverWise
                              I have three of the powermates, two silver and one black. They all have blue LEDs in them. I tried getting one of them open, but didn't try real hard. At almost $45 a pop with shipping I didn't want to d*ck it up.

As far as taking one apart, all you have to do is:

1. Pull the top knob off & remove the circle of sponge
                              2. Using a razor blade, carefully wedge it between the plastic bottom and the metal body. It's only glued on...
                              3. On the top, remove the Lg nut.
                              4. Push the shaft through the backside

But you can't push it all the way out cause the wires are short...

You also cannot pull the wire through the outside hole, the only way is to just cut it and re soldier it when done....the plastic strain releif prevents you from seperating the cord from the housing...

Hope this helps...this was posted somewhere on here before but its easier to retype it than it will be to search for it....
                              RideRunner...The #1 FE, PERIOD.

Current Project: DFXVoice [v1.0 Released]
                              Next in line: RRMedia v2.0

DFX 5.1.1 Skin
                              Appstore Link

My RideRunner Plugins
                              RRMedia
                              RRExtended
                              DFXVoice

"There are no bugs - only undocumented features."

Comment

Working...