little keyboards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little keyboards

Can anyone point me in the right direction? i am looking for a little WIRELESS keyboard or maybe a remote/qwerty keyboard? I can't find anything i like.

If price is no object, I saw this for $99 in-store. Maybe could find it cheaper online. It's very compact and the mouse can be operated without it sitting on a surface.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...386&pfp=SEARCH

Comment

I was more of looking a remote that opens up and has a little keyboard in it. or maybe a TINY wireless keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by hoodlum
        I was more of looking a remote that opens up and has a little keyboard in it. or maybe a TINY wireless keyboard
        the palm IR keyboards...
        Welcome, cdm.
        You last visited: 09-13-2006 at 02:42 AM
        Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 3.

Wow.. how things have changed in 4 years. Gone are the days of mcgyver and datalux

Comment

R U refering to this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=3087182785

Comment

Exactly. Today I got my Creative lab Remote with mouse control... What can I say.. ITs SLOW the speed of the courser is retarded. I am considering of getting someting like that, but how would I connect it to my pc?

Comment

Originally posted by hoodlum
              Exactly. Today I got my Creative lab Remote with mouse control... What can I say.. ITs SLOW the speed of the courser is retarded. I am considering of getting someting like that, but how would I connect it to my pc?
              It mentions including a serial IR receiver, though its uncertain how well that would work for a PC and what software support you would have. My suggestion for this (and for using any type of infrared remote with a PC) is a USB-UIRT (USB Universal Infrared Receiver Transmitter) and Girder. The USB-UIRT will receive just about any sort of infrared signal you can throw at it, and even act as a "blaster" and broadcast them if you want. Control your HU from your PC, maybe? That's an idea.

Girder is an automation tool that, among thousands of other things, lets you process the messages from the remote and USB-UIRT, and translate them to any sort of program input you'd like. Even manages the broadcast of signals as well, with a large collection of plugins. I use this arrangement in my HTPC rig, and have been considering something similiar for my car.. Nice way to use a wide variety of input devices.

http://www.usbuirt.com/

http://www.girder.nl/

Comment

While not exactly wireless, this is what I use link

Comment

kami333 do you a have a picture?

Comment

not mine the size of a large cell phone.

Comment

Where did you get it from?
                      1999 Explorer 70%
                      SN41g2 AMD 2000xp
                      Lilliput 7" TS & 2-5" lcds
                      40Gb & DVD laptop drives, 160Gb HD
                      XM & Xtreame (FM) radio
                      GPS, PowerMate
                      SB live PCI, Stand alone TV tuner
                      4ch & Explorer Sub amp
                      Aries 150w PSU (n/working)
                      400w power inverter.

Comment

ya where I want one

Comment

I got mine in Japan but I've seen online stores that stock them.

Comment

Working...
                          X