Using the Keyless Entry Remote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the Keyless Entry Remote

I want my carputer to start up when I first unlock my car (it has an aftermarket alarm system complete with keyless entry) and then turn off when I lock it again after I am out of the car. I know this should be possible by modifying a shutdown controller, but was curious if anyone has tried this before. Any advice would be helpful, and I will share my experiences with anyone who is interested (it might be a few weeks before I can test anything out).

This is very simple to do. You just need to determine what kind of "pulse" gets sent to your door locks when you lock and unlock. Some use positive some send ground. After you have determined which it is in your case you just wire the outputs to a relay. Wire the relay to your motherboard with pin 30 going to 1 wire of the power switch and pin 87 to the other.Now when you hit unlock it will close the relay momentarily and "switch" the computer on and vice versa for lock.
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

thats exactly what i did!
      Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

That is basically what I planned on, you just forgot one important detail. What if I lock my doors while the car is going? I plan on using a modified shutdown controller or just designing my own that will have an override, so the computer will not turn off when the car is on. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Here is an example of how you do it in a G35:
          http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...=5&part=1&vc=1

Originally posted by Sinorm
          I want my carputer to start up when I first unlock my car (it has an aftermarket alarm system complete with keyless entry) and then turn off when I lock it again after I am out of the car. I know this should be possible by modifying a shutdown controller, but was curious if anyone has tried this before. Any advice would be helpful, and I will share my experiences with anyone who is interested (it might be a few weeks before I can test anything out).

Comment

Originally posted by Izik
            Here is an example of how you do it in a G35:
            http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...=5&part=1&vc=1
            Thanks for the info, I plan on doing something very similar to that, but I will add an override so it can't turn off if the car is on.

Comment

I designed a circuit to solve this problem without using relays. More importantly than the lack of relays, this circuit is capable of several things the circuit mentioned above.

The post about it is here:
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...636#post185636

Comment

Working...
              X