Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mini remote?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mini remote?

    I have a X10/Ati-Wonder Remote with an USB RF receiver (433 Mhz?) and an enormous remote to go with it. I use it with Girder and Coyotes .gml file and it works like a dream. It's just soo F#&% big!

    Now I found this keychain remote. It is also part of a X10 set operating at 433 Mhz. Now the 'tech' guys from Marmitek (X10 reseller) say I can't use it, because the signal is coded. "Part of an alarm system blah, blah."

    1. Couldn't I 'learn' Girder the coded key-presses from this beautiful remote?

    2. Any other known keychain remotes on 433 Mhz?

    3. Where is the best deal for a Griffin Powermate? (no i-macapple)

    Michael
    "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

    M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
    RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

  • #2
    Originally posted by fly_dutchie
    I have a X10/Ati-Wonder Remote with an USB RF receiver (433 Mhz?) and an enormous remote to go with it. I use it with Girder and Coyotes .gml file and it works like a dream. It's just soo F#&% big!

    Now I found this keychain remote. It is also part of a X10 set operating at 433 Mhz. Now the 'tech' guys from Marmitek (X10 reseller) say I can't use it, because the signal is coded. "Part of an alarm system blah, blah."

    1. Couldn't I 'learn' Girder the coded key-presses from this beautiful remote?

    2. Any other known keychain remotes on 433 Mhz?

    3. Where is the best deal for a Griffin Powermate? (no i-macapple)

    Michael
    Hi Michael,

    I also have the X10/Ati-Wonder Remote with an USB RF receiver, can you please post on how to make it works with Mediacar? Do I need to modify Coyotes .gml? If you don't mind can you post your working .gml file? Thanks in advance.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by mereg
      Hi Michael,

      I also have the X10/Ati-Wonder Remote with an USB RF receiver, can you please post on how to make it works with Mediacar? Do I need to modify Coyotes .gml? If you don't mind can you post your working .gml file? Thanks in advance.
      Hi mereg,

      You have Girder up and running? You have X10/Ati-Wonder Remote Girder plugin? You have Coyotes .gml file loaded? You have 'learnt' Girder to recognize your key presses? You have saved this set-up?

      Have you made it to work now?

      Michael
      "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

      M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
      RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fly_dutchie
        Hi mereg,

        You have Girder up and running? You have X10/Ati-Wonder Remote Girder plugin? You have Coyotes .gml file loaded? You have 'learnt' Girder to recognize your key presses? You have saved this set-up?

        Have you made it to work now?

        Michael
        Hi Michael,

        I will give it a try (I didn't do the "learnt" step) because I thought the .gml once loaded is already preconfigured for the remote. I guess I was wrong then. Thanks again.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by mereg
          Hi Michael,

          I will give it a try (I didn't do the "learnt" step) because I thought the .gml once loaded is already preconfigured for the remote. I guess I was wrong then. Thanks again.
          Hi mereg,

          For some crucial info, visit girder.nl and check the 'how to' section. It got me started. The 'learning' of the key presses is the only thing you have to do, really, as it's different for every remote

          Now let's hope somebody finds us a nice little keychain remote that uses RF signals.

          Michael
          "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

          M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
          RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

          Comment

          Working...
          X