Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Bluetooth Foldable Keyboard!

Yippie!

Nokia is releasing a Bluetooth Keyboard for its mobile phones in q3 of this year.

mes wants it! mes NEEDS it!
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Wonder if that would work with the microsoft and logitech bluetooth keyboard and mouse receivers? Or just a bluetooth dongle? I would think the others are set up to work like a USB keyboard so it would even get you into the BIOS.

Comment

it will depend a lot on how they decided to implement it. If they did it as they "right" have they used the HID (human interface device) profile in the bluetooth standard it will work with any device that supports that profile. But if they used the serial profile and have some propriatary decoding going on in thier phones than we're gonna have a hard time makin it work with our pc's.

EDIT

just saw this in another post. Doesn't come out and say it but it's pretty clear that it uses the HID profile. It's very cool even if a little spendy.

http://www.thinkoutside.com/products/stowaway-bt.html

Comment

From the link provided by StationRocket

Computers:

* Most tablet, notebook or desktop computers running XP SP1 or Mac OS X with Bluetooth communications.
        * Works with Microsoft and Logitech Bluetooth keyboard systems.

This is great news, but 150 bux seems kinda pricey for my budget right now.
        '96 Chevy Cavalier - EPIA M10000, Win2K,MediaCar, Deluo GPS Mouse with Routis, 60GB external HD, 7" widescreen monitor from DigitalWW.

'00 Jeep Wrangler - planning stage

What can BROWN do for you?

Comment

Originally posted by b_nom
          From the link provided by StationRocket

Computers:

* Most tablet, notebook or desktop computers running XP SP1 or Mac OS X with Bluetooth communications.
          * Works with Microsoft and Logitech Bluetooth keyboard systems.

This is great news, but 150 bux seems kinda pricey for my budget right now.
          $150 - I bet this will be a lot cheaper (probably with rebate) if you buy it online from another store after it is released.

Comment

plus, add the price for a bluetooth keyboard and mouse just to get the receiver. The new Thermaltake mice have a dongle that says it's compliant for a lot less. Might even make a good companion for the keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
              plus, add the price for a bluetooth keyboard and mouse just to get the receiver. The new Thermaltake mice have a dongle that says it's compliant for a lot less. Might even make a good companion for the keyboard.
              Don't understand. Why do you need to buy another keyboard/mouse just to get the receiver? Wouldn't any usb-bluetooth dongle work? You can get a bluetooth dongle for ~$30 shipped.

Comment

not all dongles will work but most new ones will. you just have to make sure that in the list of supported profiles you find one called HID

The BT standard has a whole bunch of profiles (aka standards) for data transfer that all have different intended uses. examples are serial, headset, dial up networking, ect Human Interface Device (HUD) is the one needed for mice and keyboards

Comment

And then theres this

https://store.frogpad.com/merchant.m...egory_Code=ALL

Migrane
                  ... you don't need eyes to see ... you need vision !!!

Comment

Migrane, that looks cool, but I think I would get a headache using it
                    "Protecting Privacy and Free Speech Online"
                    http://www.eff.org/

Comment

Originally posted by migrane
                      for $175 youd think theyd give you the whole keyboard!
                      Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                      Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                      I'M DEBT FREE!!
                      I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC
                        but your missing the whole point of the FrogPad....you use only one hand (after a bit of finger training) to type like you would with two hands. I was actually looking for that device again. I remember when it first came out, and it was this big bulky thing. I think the FrogPad very much makes sense if you are driving and need to type in an address into the GPS and don't want to use the accessabilty onscreen keyboard. I have a Compaq TC1100 Tablet PC at work and the on screen keyboard is annoying.

however, i would go for a foldable semi-full size bluetooth keyboard before going with FrogPad. That bluetooth one from Nokia and ThinkOutside look nice. I would be very weary of the Nokia; bluetooth in Nokias is crippled from my last experiences.

i didn't see my phone listed though for the ThinkOutside; got a Sony-Ericsson T68i. it bluetooths to whatever i really tell it to. now I am hoping my Linksys Bluetooth USB dongle will work with this keyboard:-) at least i know it will work with my Axim X3 that has integrated bluetooth and wi-fi. netstumbler actually WORKS now on Axims. :-)
                        "If it works this good why F with it?" -KMFDM "Intro"

Strive for ethical wardriving: http://faq.wardrive.net/

My CarCPUs: v1 - 2000 | v2 - 2004
                        Mp3Car Meets: http://detrimental.org/eyecandy/MP3CarMeets

Comment

Originally posted by wizardPC

LOL
                          Post # 3000

Comment

Working...
                          X