Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hard to describe what i'm looking for... bypass keyboard?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard to describe what i'm looking for... bypass keyboard?

hi guys

i'm looking for something to bypass the keyboard check when the computer first starts up... like maybe something i can plug into the USB or PS2 port. I get this keyboard error check when I don't have a keyboard plugged in. How can i by pass that? Is there some tiny device i can plug into those ports to fool it? Any help would be much appreciated! thanks
    [ 5-spd 1996 M A X i M A SE ]

set the bios to "not halt on keyboard error "

I think from what you are describing that your pc doesnt boot when the keyboard is missing ?

there should be a setting in the bios to overcome this

dont need no hardware
    Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Originally posted by SAScooby
      set the bios to "not halt on keyboard error "

I think from what you are describing that your pc doesnt boot when the keyboard is missing ?

there should be a setting in the bios to overcome this

dont need no hardware
      thanks, i'll look into it.

but just in case... any ideas for hardware solutions? Maybe I can get one of those PS2 -> USB adapters and hack the wiring in it to fool the comp?

Comment

Why not just use a cheap USB keyboard ? Even if a solution exists, it's likely going to cost at least as much as a keyboard itself......
        VIA EPIA M10000 | 7" Lilliput Touch VGA | PW70 | 256 Meg RAM | 20 Gig 2.5" drive
        Dual Battery with Optima Yellowtop | Hellroaring Battery Isolater
        ICOM 2720A| Delorme Earthmate GPS | Tiny Track APRS
        Survives Crank

Comment

easiest way is to do what sasscobby said set bios to not halt on either no keyboard or failing that not halt on all errors, secondly find an old keyboard remove the controller and wiring its about 3 inch long by 1 inch deep so no biggie and plug that in the ps2 style port that will fool the pc, but like i said try bios first!
          Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
          www.aimee.cc

Comment

okay got it guys! thanks alot!

Comment

http://www.cyberresearch.com/store/product/2458.2.htm

Comment

Working...
              X