USB Gameport adaptor found on eBay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Gameport adaptor found on eBay

Has anyone try this adaptor ? specifically in hooking up with stock steering wheel remote?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...703803153&rd=1
    CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

seems no different than the radioshack one
    Computer:
    COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
    STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

Comment

Originally posted by DJKhan85
      seems no different than the radioshack one
      that means.... a yes??
      CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

y would you want that thing? It's just a joystick port-to-USB. Very few devices uses the joystick port anymore. New joystick/joypad/perferial all uses USB.

I'm not sure what you're looking for.

Comment

oh
          sorry to confuse u
          i am using it to interface with stock steering wheel control stick on my car.
          it functions in a similar way to the sony commander stick RM-X2S and hence i wanted to use the same schematics.
          however, as my EPIA TC-10000 doesn't come with a gameport, i need a USB solution
          kao

Comment

using this it might be possible to regain the function of the steering wheel controls on certain cars. Have you tried the radio shack verion?
            Computer:
            COMPLETE SYSTEM OVERHAUL!!!!!!
            STAY TUNED IN THE UPCOMING WEEKS!

Comment

Originally posted by DJKhan85
              using this it might be possible to regain the function of the steering wheel controls on certain cars. Have you tried the radio shack verion?
              yup. that's the idea. i metered my control stick, it's within the spec.

as for Radio Shack... well.. i am singapore. there ain't no radio shack

nearest one is in Caines Australia

Comment

I have used the radioshack unit many times to connect my ThrustMaster Wheel And Pedals Set to my laptop - works great.
                It has to start somewhere... It has to start sometime.
                What better place than here? What better time than now?

Comment

thanks B Z

Comment

Originally posted by Big Zack
                    I have used the radioshack unit many times to connect my ThrustMaster Wheel And Pedals Set to my laptop - works great.
                    BZ, he's talking about a REAL steering wheel. Not some game controller.

If you really want a good game controller, I'll go with ACT-LABS.

Although I haven't touch the controller for ages. It's perfect for race simulation. Why? Cause this is what I got.

Force Feedback Wheel
                    8 Speed Shifter.... Yes.. 8 Speed Shifter.
                    Pedals with Clutch. Yes... A Clutch pedal.

Although, there's not much games on the PC I can use it with. Cause there's not that many good racing games I'm interested in. And I'm not a Nascar fan.

Edit: damn, just went back to their website...looks like they have discontinue the controllers. Wonder if it worth any money on ebay? hmmmm...

Comment

8 speed shift?
                      what real care has eight speed shift????

ha ha ha
                      anyway, going to cross my finger and order the adaptor.

Comment

According to what others have told me the sony remote trick works with a USB Gameport - it supposely create a real port via USB.

You should be all right.
                        -Mars

Comment

Originally posted by nl4jy
                          BZ, he's talking about a REAL steering wheel. Not some game controller.
                          oh yeh... I see that now. (3 hours of sleep in last 40 hours. )

I was just providing feedback on the general "does it work at all" functionallity of the unit itself.

yeh - yeh, that's it... that's what I was doing.

- BZ
                          It has to start somewhere... It has to start sometime.
                          What better place than here? What better time than now?

Comment

Working...
                          X