Touchscreen goes mad after restart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen goes mad after restart

Anyone have any ideas about this problem?

When I restart the car PC, the Lilliput touchscreen goes mad with windows opening and closing all the time as if the mouse is being clicked lots of times. I'm guessing it's a USB issue - the only fix is to remove the touchscreen USB connector and reboot - then close down and insert the USB connector and restart - it the finds the hardware again. That's ok for a while until it all happens again when I am restarting the pc.

The weird thing is that it did the same thing with the old PC - an AMD shuttle - I'm now using an Epia M1000

The USB is routed through an unpowered hub if that gives anyone a clue (not enough USB ports on the Epia case).

Steve

RV : Samsung Q1 + Kyocera KR1 (EVDO) + GPS<br>
    Car: AMD 3000+ Book PC + Lilliput 8" Touch + 13" TFT

Webmaster for the European Ford Scorpio Site

Dit it always do this? if so could it be that some how the case may be causing this. As if it is being pressed manytimes.
    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
    Buy Sell or Trade
    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
    Thank you
    Forex
    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

After reinstalling it, it's working fine until it gets confused again so it's unlikely to be a case issue - something to do with the USB getting confused and sending lots of inputs I think (software rather than hardware).

Thanks for the suggestion however

Steve

Comment

SteveC, you don't happen to have a GPS receiver plugged to your PC, do you? I had cases where it's my GPS that was causing my PC to open and close windows.
        EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Yes, I have the delou GPS for routis and I think I just found the problem thanks to your question.

It appears that the front and back USB connectors on my case for the Epia M1000 are the same USB ports. So it seems to have 2 USB ports which are duplicated front and rear. As I have the touchscreen plugged into the rear USB, and a hub plugged into the other, when I plug the USB WiFi module into the front USB it all starts to go haywire.

I've also tried it in the USB hub but as it's an unpowered hub (at the moment) I think the WiFi module drags the current down and thus affects the performance of the other USB devices.

I'll have to rig up a power supply for the hub and try that

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by edikp
            SteveC, you don't happen to have a GPS receiver plugged to your PC, do you? I had cases where it's my GPS that was causing my PC to open and close windows.
            I intermittently have the same problem. I believe it's due to having a GPS plugged into my serial port. Problem never occured before the GPS was installed. Pulling the plug on the GPS fixes the problem when it does occur. strange......
            VIA EPIA M10000 | 7" Lilliput Touch VGA | PW70 | 256 Meg RAM | 20 Gig 2.5" drive
            Dual Battery with Optima Yellowtop | Hellroaring Battery Isolater
            ICOM 2720A| Delorme Earthmate GPS | Tiny Track APRS
            Survives Crank

Comment

I had this same problem. It's because your computer is detecting your GPS as a serial mouse.

Make this change in the registry and reboot:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\sermouse]
              "Start"=dword:00000004

Bryan

Comment

I just simply disabled the the serial mouse on Device Manager (Red X on the device). Works like a champ now.

SteveC: Glad I could help. I powered my USB adapter with a 12V to 5V lighter adapter I bought on eBay.
                EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Working...
                X