• Show
Clear All

• Modifying Sony Erricson Chatboard for Car PC

Hi guys
    anyone has experience hacking one of these beast
    http://www.ebay.com.sg/viItem?ItemId=5722131843

to interface with car PC?

kao
    CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

found 1 link.
    anyone else?
    can the origial signal be pipe in via USB?

kao
    CarPC Ver 4 completed. Aopen i45GMT-HD, C2D mobile 2GHz. Photofast 64GB SSD. Novatel EU-850D

Comment

Yep!!!

I have done it. Currently in CAR I had to teach all the keycodes with GIRDER and also the initializion. But post here if you want more info. Now i'm in a rush gotta go bye.

Comment

Originally posted by F4kk3r0
        I have done it. Currently in CAR I had to teach all the keycodes with GIRDER and also the initializion. But post here if you want more info. Now i'm in a rush gotta go bye.
        did u pipe it through serial and use serial plugin from girder?

I am not keen to go down the PS2 way according to the link.

please enlighten

thanks

kao

Comment

I have one of those.. got it for my old cellphone.... saw it laying there the other day
          and wondered if it would be compatible in any form....

That would be awesome if there was some way to convert it to ps2 or serial or so...

I have no insight to offer.. but I'll be listening to what you find
          CarPuter: Dell P3-500 Laptop; D-Link WiFi; Deluo GPS; D-Link Radio; iMac DVD w/ ide2usb
          Audio: Audigy 2 NX; Kicker KX700.5 amp; 20w center amp; Kicker L7 10" Sub
          Display: Lilliput 7" TouchScreen
          CarPuter Install

Comment

my EPIA TC fried.

now switching to a microATX board. setting up now. will have to wait a short while before starting work on the chatboard.

how's your own project?

kao

Comment

Yes I used Serial interface and you guessed right Girder and Serial plugin. The initializion sequence is done also with girder. Here is a good link alltough I used a MAX232 IC the pinout was a little different but I still managed to stuff it inside the chatboard (there is only the cable coming out) https://securehost34.hrwebservices.n...sonChatBoardPC

I'll post the serial config file and some key config file for girder later on. Iīts not totally complete yet but have been enough for me. It's the bomb when using GPS you can actually write the place where you wanna go. Later...

Comment

that's cool man

hmm.. thinking of taking one step up... convert to USB directly.

KAO

Comment

Think this might come in handy.

http://www.compsys1.com/html/usb_rs232.html

Comment

Someone needs to write a how-to on this for us less technically inclined. I Need this sucker to work with my computer - thanks!

Comment

That usb thingy would be quite nice. How much does it cost?

Comment

You'd better put a pear of my serial BlueTooth chip with it, that would be

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFF

HERE it is
                        http://www.tompda.com/bbs/display.as...orumID=1357612

Comment

pic of it

very tiny and power save...

that was designed for my BTGPS years ago...........
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hereīs some files for ya!

Sorry for the picture quality samsung just doesn't have it . But anyway if you look at the rear picture you can see how I planted the MAX232 chip inside. The INI file is used to configure the serial plugin of GIRDER to suit the Chatboard and the GML file contains most of the keycodes. I also added the OSD wich asks to press the SMS button of the Chatboard(needed for initializion). Just take the .TXT extensions of the files first.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Any help??? Donīt let the post die

Comment

Working...
                              X