Elo Touchscreens?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elo Touchscreens?

Does anyone have experience with Elo touch controllers? I'm looking at an LCD with equipped with one, and I'm wondering how they perform. Thanks
    New system under construction

I have a 12" ELO touchscreen overlay, it's pretty much the same thing as the one on my xenarc. Looks the same and drivers are very similar, although the ELO is a couple years older.
    StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

At work we have some 17" CRT's with ELO Touchscreen and they perform well.

Comment

Originally posted by Misanthro
        Does anyone have experience with Elo touch controllers? I'm looking at an LCD with equipped with one, and I'm wondering how they perform. Thanks
        We sell them for point-of-sale applications, typically 15".
        They work extremely well and we rarely have problems with them.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Elo is THE name in touchscreens... it's what we've always used at work, both CRT and LCD, and the 14" viewsonic I have in the car uses an OLD LCD elo touch, never any problems.
          2006 Chevy Colorado: VIA M10000 EDEN, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB 2.5" Seagate HDD, USB Slim Slot DVD/RW, Holux GPS, MobileVU 10.4" LCD (touch not working yet), VOOMPC Case (blue), 70W DC-DC supply.

Comment

Whats the costs of the ELO? As in would it be more cost effective than a regular touch screen in the 10" area?

Comment

Originally posted by PhatzPerformanc
              Whats the costs of the ELO? As in would it be more cost effective than a regular touch screen in the 10" area?
              What is a 'regular' touchscreen?
              The ELO units aren't designed for automobile use, which would add two factors:
              1) Brightness. Desktop monitors aren't typically as bright as ones for automobile use.
              2) Power. The ELO monitors we sell don't have a 12v power 'brick' that can be adapted for car use.
              Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
              How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

I just talked to an ELO engineer the other day. I have a serial controller and want to switch to usb. The usb boards run $143 + $35 for a special cable. This price is direct from ELO, but you might be able to find your board cheaper from another vendor. By the way, my board works great.

Comment

Working...
                X