Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS Media Center Remote - whos first to try it ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Media Center Remote - whos first to try it ?

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...&ATT=mmcRemote

newegg has it for 39 usd and it comes with a usb ir receiver, so whos the first to see if it works on other OS' other than XP media centre ? and whether it will do the trick with frodoplayer / media car / media engine ????
    Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

sorry to be so vague, but Someone had a pics of a remote that, I believe was being sold on E-bay that was a remote and keyboard. It had a clamshell design.
    Remote opened up to a keyboard.
    Not trying to hijack your thread, but that was a pretty cool and efficient looking remote. Just a suggestion based solely of the initial look-see. That microsoft remote looks kinda bulky for the car environment IMO.
    they made me laugh
    -------------------------------
    "Damn pounds. Euros and USD!" - N09

"don't ruin my dreams! my parents did plenty of that " -Hcomplyr

Comment

I run xp media center with the remote. Supposedly it does not work with any other os. However, I am about to pull it out. When I do, I'll try it on one of my machines with xp pro and let you know.

Without tinkering with it...it has basic functionality with winamp. The receiver box is big and bulky (I had to completely hack mine to make it look good).

Don't recommend it.

Comment

im using this remote but mainly only arrows sort of work and volume.. using with road runner... and got winamp not working though

Comment

I have this remote and I like it. It's comfy in the hand, buttons are well placed and it works great with XPMCE but it's not really suitable for in-car use since it's not programmable at all.

Also, my channel and volume buttons are hard to press-does anyone else experience this?

Comment

Working...
          X