Touchscreen and mouse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchscreen and mouse?

Can I have a touchscreen USB connection and a trackball USB connection both opperating the mouse pointer on one computer at the same time?

The idea being that I have a mouse or trackball up in the front seat in case the touchscreen fails or the button I need to press is too small or something.

Will they both work at the same time?
    Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

....yes
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

You can always have more than one USB pointing devices.
      I use USB TS and USB finger/thump mouse/trackball thinggy without any problem.
      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Hella awesome

Comment

I just bought USB extension cables to get my mouse and touchscreen from the front to the trunk. Now I'm hearing that the signal strength can degrade rapily in a USB cable. Do I need ot use some other device to ensure proper signal strength over about 15 feet? Or is that only important when you're using USB to carry data like to a printer or hard drive or something

Comment

I have a USB active extension cable from my trunk to the front and I have connected a self powered USB Hub.

http://www.cwol.com/usb/usb-active-e...able-uc600.htm

So far everything is working fine for me. By the way, you can have the TS and mouse at the same time.

Comment

I've got over 15 feet with a self powered hub in the middle and it's working fine. If you're worried, hook all of the cables together and plug everything in on the bench and try it out.
              Originally posted by ghettocruzer
              I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
              Want to:
              -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
              -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

I'm going to have the mouse and touchscreen with two seperate 15 foot leads to the computer. No hub. No booster. Should they be fine?

Comment

They should be. The USB spec says don't exceed 15 feet. Yours won't.
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

Cables are more expensive than a hub. I would use one 15 foot cable with a usb hub on the end. Then you can always add more items such as a GPS.
                    2.4 celeron
                    150 watt OPUS
                    micro atx
                    xp pro
                    tv/radio tuner card
                    audigy
                    Dual monitor Radeon
                    802.11G Mimo
                    xm pcr
                    dvd
                    gps
                    8" Lilliput touch screen