No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webcam?

Well I finaly got my webcam has good enough actualy see's UV unlike my broken digital cam...but its too slow....when I move it....the framerate doesn't keep up....its 30fps....but it still blurs when I move it fast.

Anyone know a good webcam for a rear view?
    Attached Files
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    My URL:

XBOX: DarkerStars

I wouldn't go with a web cam for rear view.
    1- Slow.
    2- Wouldn't cut it under low light conditions.
    3- For best performance, you need CCD not CMOS based camera, only stand-alone true camera will have CDD.
    4- You have to have your carpc on before you can actually see the picture, that is any where from 45~90 sec of delay. Actually, you have to have a PC to use it.
    5- A dedicated camera is almost on all the time.

There was an excel ant post here the other day that covered the subject, look around, it is helpful.

I dont move the car until I have music anyways lol.

Thanks, I'll look up stuff.
      1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
      My URL:

XBOX: DarkerStars

Slow slow.... an USB2.0 webcam is perfectly suitable : 30fps @ 640*480 steady.

CMOS sensor are well, crap... Cmos sensors. As KingTut said, CCD rules.

Webcam have a narrow view angle, roughly 40. Saying the rear mirror is for exemple 5*21cm, the rear glas 1.6m*40cm, that gives a rough 20 view field. Simple geometry tells your rearcam shall be located between the front seats (for a small car).
        Real rear cams have a 120 view field.

So, it seems an apple Isight is the way to go... except for the view field, drivers,$$$....
        Now Galileo is real. Muhahahahaha :p

Why not just get one of those rca surveilance cams from frys? They have them for around $50. You can wire it into one of the inputs on your liili or whichever screen you have. Then with just the push of a button you have rearview cam. It doesnt need to be software based.
          wide angle cam
          2.4 celeron
          150 watt OPUS
          micro atx
          xp pro
          tv/radio tuner card
          Dual monitor Radeon
          802.11G Mimo
          xm pcr
          8" Lilliput touch screen
          dual optimas
          battery isolator