VERY Mini Keyboard Solution --Cheap!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY Mini Keyboard Solution --Cheap!

now, for some people, like myself, this is ideal... others will hate this idea because of the lack of CTRL, ESC, TAB, and ALT buttons... but seeing as how this has SYMB[ol] and FN buttons, i dont think it will be too difficult to remap it to give us these three or four buttons...

ANYWAYS, here is what i just bought from EB Games for 14.99 (and 3 bucks to insure it for a year no matter what happens to it, free replacement)

whadduya think?

EDIT: and yes it is for PS2, but it is USB and works without additional drivers on XP

that looks awesome, is it easy to navigate without looking at it?
    Carputer Progress:
    [!!'-------] 25%
    have to fabricate screen mount

have to start over, lilliput died, 1st laptop broke, have to sell the 2nd one. damn

Comment

I LOVE IT.....
      dont need all the features, but it would be great for sending a quick IM or typing in a song title or something

Comment

excellent find! perfect for what i want!

Comment

dose it work ? did you check it? with your computer is stated for ps2?
          thank you

Comment

its QWERTY so its easy. well, its probably easier for me since i used to use a two-way pager, but if you have ever used a thumboard keypad before, they are pretty simple. its really thin too

Comment

see? even us guys who dont do a lot of posting are helpful we are just usually too busy to make those posts unless its gonna have an impact

Comment

how about a link to purchase it and one for the drivers that are needed?
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Puchase this bad boy here:
                  http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/245569.asp

Or do what I did, and go to the mall (since i work in the mall) and buy it in the store. For $3, I would be sure to get the insurance for a year.... Especially if its gonna be in your car.

no additional drivers are required. Plug and Play yo. (as I mentioned above)

Comment

cool **** man!
                    BossTone74

Comment

IMO its WAYYYY better than having to hack a PDA or Cell Phone Chatboard. less of a headache and just as good

Comment

At 15 bucks you can't go wrong. Even if you can't make it work perfectly...you simply can't go wrong.

I'll pick one of these up this week.

You say it just plugs in USB and works like any other USB keyboard? No fanciness?
                        Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

no fanciness, no problem at all.just plug it in and go. i'm typing this with it now.

Comment

Nice find. I'm ordering it as we speak. Now I can get rid of the keyboard hiding under my seat.
                            Cappachino 1Ghz, 256 ram, 40 gig hd
                            Bluetooth GPS
                            7" Touch screen
                            OBD-II engine diagnostics

Comment

There's an EB Games not 4 miles from my place. I'll be going to look at this thing tommorow.
                              Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

Working...
                              X