Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griffin Powermate pics - let's see 'm guys!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffin Powermate pics - let's see 'm guys!

My system is going in this weekend and I'm probably going to mount my Powermate on the center console. I'd like to see pics from others who are employing the Griffin Powermate to see where you've got yours mounted - and possibly get some fresh ideas! So what do you say? Who's gonna post first?
    My first attempt at a carputer.

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

Swapped it for my hazard button cause nosy passengers were pressing my hazards too often.

StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
    Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
    The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by god_of_cpu
      Swapped it for my hazard button cause nosy passengers were pressing my hazards too often.
      LOL!!! Know the feeling!

Nice install! Did you modify the base in any way? It looks like the lighted base is gone... or is it just concealed?

You using your Powermate for volume control, only?

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

Comment

Powermate Location

Hehe,
        The Powermate is kind of cool.
        I just bought one but have no idea where to place it in my Beemer.

Comment

i mounted mine in my center console i had to modify the console a bit, fibreglassing etc but it looks good! i'll try post some pics soon
          306 CarPC
          • Fibreglassed lcd installed into dash
          • Griffin PowerMate
          • epia 800 512mb sdram
          • MediaEngine
          • MapMonkey

Comment

Originally posted by dasbell
            Hehe,
            Ditto! I'd like to see what Alan did. I've been thinking that a piece of PVC pipe with a slightly larger I.D. than the Powermate's base's O.D. would make for a nice bezel to build upon... glassed or bondo'd into the center console, I think it would like pretty tight. EW! But it would collect dust!

Comment

An older pic of mine in action...

Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

how do you guys stick em on? I dont have a big enough flat surface to stick it on with double sided tape, and it just falls off.
                Ford XR6T blueprint 4.0 L twin cam turbo.
                Xenarc 7" touchscreen M10000 Audigy 2 NX
                ITX 120W PS 80gig HD, 256MB Ram, USB wireless internet/LAN
                Griffin Powermate Panasonic DVD-CDW
                Pioneer 5x7 Four way, 2x12 pioneer subz
                600watt 6chan USA audio AMP

Comment

Originally posted by dasbell
                  Hehe,

How about where the iDrive knob would go if you had one?

Comment

Originally posted by stimps
                    how do you guys stick em on? I dont have a big enough flat surface to stick it on with double sided tape, and it just falls off.
                    Mine is just sitting on top of my ashtray cover... sorry I can't help. What I have noticed, though, if the bottom of the Powermate is wiped clean with a damp cloth, it resists sliding around fairly well when placed on a flat surface.

Comment

Originally posted by R32 JUhl
                      Mine is just sitting on top of my ashtray cover... sorry I can't help. What I have noticed, though, if the bottom of the Powermate is wiped clean with a damp cloth, it resists sliding around fairly well when placed on a flat surface.
                      same here.
                      Aura MR62 (F and R)
                      My Current MP3s
                      IamDefiler.com

Comment

yeah im already using that. Its got the most remarkable non slip surface on the bottom!
                        Ford XR6T blueprint 4.0 L twin cam turbo.
                        Xenarc 7" touchscreen M10000 Audigy 2 NX
                        ITX 120W PS 80gig HD, 256MB Ram, USB wireless internet/LAN
                        Griffin Powermate Panasonic DVD-CDW
                        Pioneer 5x7 Four way, 2x12 pioneer subz
                        600watt 6chan USA audio AMP

Comment

Originally posted by stimps
                          yeah im already using that. Its got the most remarkable non slip surface on the bottom!
                          After a while, it may start to slide around. Cleaning it off makes it non-slip again. It's a pretty neat compound! I'm contemplating mounting it under my center console, though. And using a smaller knob. That would bring it closer to the driver as well as get it off the ashtray cover - the ashtray cover also covers the accesory power outlet.

Comment

Here's a pic of my Powermate.. slightly hacked and custom mounted.....

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/avanderb/RSX/IMG_0583.jpg

and
                            http://filebox.vt.edu/users/avanderb/RSX/IMG_0582.jpg

enjy

Apolo
                            2002 DSM RSX-S
                            Custom Car PC Re-design Pending Completion of fiberglassing dash and trunk
                            Pics

Comment

Hey how did you hack the griffin? Was it wasy replace the knob?
                              2002 Mitsubishi Galant
                              Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
                              Via M10K
                              512mb Ram
                              60GB HDD
                              Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
                              OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

Working...
                              X