Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to connect a stock headunit to a usb joypad?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to connect a stock headunit to a usb joypad?!?

I've done lots of searches in the forums and on but still can't find any details of how to connect a head unit I've got to a usb joypad.
    Is there anyone out there who can help?
    NEW CAR PC IS A NOKIA 5800 SYMBIAN 3G PHONE!

Originally posted by eric237
    I've done lots of searches in the forums and on but still can't find any details of how to connect a head unit I've got to a usb joypad.
    Is there anyone out there who can help?
    Doubtful.
    I haven't seen a headunit yet with a USB port. That means you'll have to adapt your USB game controller to output to your headunit, which involved interpreting the existing controls and getting the joypad to do that.
    Good luck, but I'd think the time/effort/expense for such a feat wouldn't be worth it...
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Thanks for the input. What I was thinking of doing is connecting the switches from the head unit to the joypad. In theory moving the joypad buttons away from the controller.

Comment

I've managed to do it!

I've figured out how to connect the buttons on the front of a car stereo to a joypad to control winamp and windows(using girder). My next trick will be to connect a usb and normal joypad at the same time, this should give at least 22 buttons!

Comment

I've finally got the headunit connected to the car pc. Managed to wire up a usb joypad to the buttons on the headunit.
          So at last I have a way of controlling RR without the need for a screen or nearly crashing into other cars when trying to find the key to skip tracks!!!

Next on the long list is to install Girder to control other functions and get a screen in again.

Comment

I use a USB to psx game controller to run my car pc but never directly to the HU
            CAR INFO HERE
            "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

Working...
            X