USB RF Remote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB RF Remote

I've been using a packard bell serial ir remote for years now in my car, which is currently torn apart but still usable. As I was trying to point the ir remote at where the ir receiver normal is (as opposed to where its curently dangling from), it struck me, why not move up to a rf remote? And a USB one at that as serial ports disapear from more and more computers. I've been using girder for years as well (igor56) for winamp and wmp, and I love how I can do anything with it, so a usb rf remote that worked with girder would be good. But then, if a rf remote came with quality software of its own, that wouldn't be a big deal either. Any suggestions?
    -Nick

There are only two RF remotes that I'm aware of that use USB: ATI's Remote Wonder series (there's three models) and the whole pack of wireless presentation remotes. The presetation remotes have a limited number of buttons but most can act as a mouse. The ATI remote is more like a universal remote which is probably more of what you're after. Can't help you with regards to its software but maybe someone else in the forums has had more experience.

Comment

Working...
    X