Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• largest installed touchscreen

hi yall.

hi guys, i will be getting my new elo 17 inch touchscreen tft monitor to use in my jeep in a few hours.

So the question i had was who has the bigget screen screen in the dash in thier ride. not a nice large flip down like we saw in that hummer a few weeks ago in the rear but i mean for use on the pc its self, the primary screen. As fare as i could see i with a 17* am the biggest right now - anyone else have large screens?

cheers guys

Iwill post pictures of the install once i instal the screen this weekend.

cheers yall

Jamie aka Quest
    1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo XP
    My CarPC Site

would u like to donate a 17 inch touchscreen to me :-D

Comment

Yay stupid large screen that is completely impractical and serves no purpose but temporary bragging rights.

Comment

im gonna put a 10" or larger touchscreen (plain LCD with touchfilm over it) in the headliner where the DOME light is now.

Cuz with these Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe, the back seats fold down to make an extension of the flatbed in the hatchback area. IM gonna put a custom air matress there, so when yer out and about you can fold down the seats, turn on the air pump right quick, and lie back with a loved one to watch DVDs or play video games.

that doesnt include the 2 headrest monitors for video games/dvds ill have for my back passengers while driving. but they wont be touchscreen i dont think.
        (All done)
        iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Originally posted by sdashiki
          so when yer out and about you can fold down the seats, turn on the air pump right quick, and lie back with a loved one to watch DVDs or play video games.
          Today's youth... you shouldn't be playing video games when you got your loved one on the air matress in your car. (shakes head)
          -Brad
          83 mp320i
          99 mp323i
          _________

7" Lilliput w/Touch, 150 W Opus, 2.4ghz P4 533fsb, 512 DDR 333mhz, GPS, WiFi Inet, 40g Maxtor 7200rpm, Laptop DVD/CD-RW w/USB2.0 Bridge, WinXP Pro.

Comment

LOL its funny. BUt everyone i talk to thinks my fiance who likes weed and video games is a rare find for people like me. And yet all of my past girlfriends have been like that. I never bought into the whole TV sitcom/Maxim magazine ideal of hot chicks dating guys and they couldnt be more different. Its bull****, I date who complements me, not who just makes me horny.

And the car I got may have a TALL roof but i dont think with an inflated air mattress you can do anything but spoon maybe.
            (All done)

Comment

the only reason I have such a large montir in my jeep is for one simple fact - i have a hard time seeing small screens even on laptops and normal pc's so a 7 inch would not be usable for myself. I can drive just fine but when it comes to the small print on the monitor i need something this big so dont be dissing me for having a large monitor and I am fare from showing off, just interested to hear others project installs / plans ddn

cheers

Jamie aka Quest
              My CarPC Site

Comment

use large print or get some damn glasses. i never heard anyone on these forums complaining a lilli wasnt big enough to read while driving.

I dont recall the exact thread but there was an install of a 30"+ TV in the passenger seat. Had no room for the passengers feet or really any viewable angle ANYWHERE IN THE CAR. large screens are overkill in car applications, unless they are secondary monitors, and not the main one.

I mean have you even TRIED a 7 or 8" LCD yet in yer car? Have you seeen the front ends on these forums? The point of the GUI frontends is to have LARGE buttons and TEXT for readability, I think yer being a little crazy wanting something so big and power hungry. AND YES U ARE SHOWING OFF.
                (All done)

Comment

I've got a 42" plasma that I converted to touchscreeen and mounted in my dash.
                  2.4 celeron
                  150 watt OPUS
                  micro atx
                  xp pro
                  tv/radio tuner card
                  audigy
                  Dual monitor Radeon
                  802.11G Mimo
                  xm pcr
                  dvd
                  gps
                  8" Lilliput touch screen
                  IGuidance
                  dual optimas
                  battery isolator
                  15" screen
                  My Truck

Comment

Originally posted by sdashiki
                    use large print or get some damn glasses. i never heard anyone on these forums complaining a lilli wasnt big enough to read while driving. I mean have you even TRIED a 7 or 8" LCD yet in yer car? Have you seeen the front ends on these forums? The point of the GUI frontends is to have LARGE buttons and TEXT for readability, I think yer being a little crazy wanting something so big and power hungry. AND YES U ARE SHOWING OFF.
                    I disagree. In a large vehicle like mine, I would love to have that monitor. I wouldnt have to sacrafice any space and it would be very useable. And of course he is showing off. We all are. Like any of us really need a computer in our cars. It's just fun to show off.
                    2.4 celeron
                    150 watt OPUS
                    micro atx
                    xp pro
                    tv/radio tuner card
                    audigy
                    Dual monitor Radeon
                    802.11G Mimo
                    xm pcr
                    dvd
                    gps
                    8" Lilliput touch screen
                    IGuidance
                    dual optimas
                    battery isolator
                    15" screen
                    My Truck

Comment

I DO NEED ONE DAMMIT!

My HU is on its last legs. To get one of the same specs, id need to shell out $600+. So my theory about putting a puter in my car is why spend that loot on something that will only play MP3s (and not very good at ID3 tags anyway) and CDs, when for a few hundred more I can have a carputer that does 10 other things and is much cooler and showoffy anyhow.

I never understand the people who kept their HU, cuz that IS overkill IMO.
                      (All done)

Comment

n8scstm:

How did you put that 8" lilliput in a flip-down screen? Or did you buy it that way? I may want to get one of those screens for the rear seat passangers to replace my 7" Starvision LCD in the back of my car.

If you bought it that way, where did you get it? I have only seem the way overpriced Xenarc in a VGA LCD flipdown.

Thanks
                        LAKORAI

Comment

I think 17 will look ridiculous even on a bus!

but if thats what you want fine by me! its your money anyways!

If you have readbility problem with a 7 or 8in I understand, but have you given any thought to 10,12 or even 15inchers? 17 is huge even on a desktop....
                          Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                          Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

to be honest I have only tried 7 and 8 inch. The only reason I went with this 17 inch and not a 10 12 or 15 is that I got a frigging amazing deal on ebay. I picked this little well big gem up for $100 - $115 2 day UPS shipped with buy it now. The dude did not know what he was selling I dont think and it came this morning and works frigging amazingly. I know its overkill but I do wear glasses but for the PC I have different glasses and I cannot wear both pairs at the same time. Being an Albino my eyes are not like normal eyes which can be corrected in one pair of glasses / contact's.

I am not showing off I just wanted to get some views on this matter. I will show off my ride when I finish stage 3 (final install) and we are all here to show off as someone else said above, thanks for the vote.

Anyways I going to install on my dash - no mounting it inside but mounting it ON the dash on brackets to support to allow access to my AC controls.

One more point is my kids can see the large screen while they watch dvd's from the back seat safing me putting two flip down monitors above the front seats - save some $$$

Cheers yall

Jamie aka Quest
                            My CarPC Site

Comment

Originally posted by jamiewhittingha
                              to be honest I have only tried 7 and 8 inch. The only reason I went with this 17 inch and not a 10 12 or 15 is that I got a frigging amazing deal on ebay. I picked this little well big gem up for $100 - $115 2 day UPS shipped with buy it now. The dude did not know what he was selling I dont think and it came this morning and works frigging amazingly. I know its overkill but I do wear glasses but for the PC I have different glasses and I cannot wear both pairs at the same time. Being an Albino my eyes are not like normal eyes which can be corrected in one pair of glasses / contact's.

I am not showing off I just wanted to get some views on this matter. I will show off my ride when I finish stage 3 (final install) and we are all here to show off as someone else said above, thanks for the vote.

Anyways I going to install on my dash - no mounting it inside but mounting it ON the dash on brackets to support to allow access to my AC controls.

One more point is my kids can see the large screen while they watch dvd's from the back seat safing me putting two flip down monitors above the front seats - save some $$$

Cheers yall

Jamie aka Quest
                              Hey, I say go for it. IT's your ride, do what you want.
                              2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

Working...
                              X