Touchpad vs. mini-usb keyboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchpad vs. mini-usb keyboard

Hey all, I'm wondering, I plan on using a 8" Lilliput touchscreen, and I was thinking about how to do text entry, and right-clicking. Since I only have enough real estate on my center console to do one or the other, what device will allow me to do:
    1. right-clicking (going to a file's properties, etc.)
    2. Text-entry: (changing a file's name, typing, etc.)

I know that I can use a software keyboard for text entry through the touchscreen, but that doesn't solve my right-click problem. Is there a shortcut key for a right-click I could program into one of the function keys on the mini-keyboard? Any help would be appreciated.
    WORKLOG

Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
    Webpage

touchpad can do text entry via an on-screen-keyboard.

can map function keys (i think?) to right click via girder.

Dunno how to right click with touchscreen..sorry

Comment

Touchkit software has a feature that puts a lil touch pad icon on your taskbar, and once u touch that ur next click is a right click.

dont know if thats what u talkin bout
      Go on and do it, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied,
      Whatever it is, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied.

CarPc progress |OOOOXCOOOO| 57%

Comment

Version 3.whatever of the Lilliput TS places a small switch onscreen which allows you to switch on right click. Version 4.? goes a little bit differently where you press down for a few seconds to do a right click. I'm still debating which to use.
        Current Cfg: AMD 2200+, Epox Mobo, 7" Lilliput TS, 320MB RAM, 40GB 2.5" HD, 200GB SATA, Slim Combo, ATI Radeon, SMC B/G Wireless w/ 5dB antenna, Bluetooth.
        S/W: RoadRunner/MapMonkey/NetStumbler. Still working on a box and PSU!

Comment

The second works for me since I dont want any square boxes when I watch a movie...
          Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
          http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kalavera
            Version 3.whatever of the Lilliput TS places a small switch onscreen which allows you to switch on right click. Version 4.? goes a little bit differently where you press down for a few seconds to do a right click. I'm still debating which to use.
            ]

Would you think a new screen would be a version 4? Do you know how to tell which version the screen is? I like the hold down for right click function, that's what my Pocket PC does. If that is the case, i'll just use the mini keyboard, since it would make inputting text easier.
            WORKLOG

Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
            Webpage

Comment

Working...
            X