Well the AirClick is a real disappointment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the AirClick is a real disappointment

I was so excited when I saw this on Griffin's homepage. USB RF remote. simple, elegant, cheap ($40) So I just got the package today. Install all the software and what do I find. It only works with Powerpoint, WMP 10, and iTunes!

There is no support for custom software support. no universal hotkeys or anything! Like major disappointment here. I've already contacted them about new software cause this is basically unusable. What use is a remote when you can only use it with 3 pieces of software? Might as well just bundle it with powerpoint or iTunes if you're going to be like that.

So now I have a $40 remote and receiver sitting here until new software is released......

unless someone can make a new software/hack for this.....i'm waiting

what about girder?
    Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
    Celeron 1.2ghz
    256mb DDR-2 533
    80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
    Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
    M2-ATX
    8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

airclick not on the girder supported hardware list. although i will ask them.

Comment

just got the email back from [email protected] winamp plugin is already in progress. there is currently no developer API.

Comment

iirc, girder had an RF receiver plugin which should work for you. its got a free trial so try it.
          Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

don't see anything in girder about RF plugin. not in the plugin downloads either. do u remember where u saw it ?

Comment

Ever tried the ATI remote (packaged with the Radeon AIW, but I think you can buy it separately)? It's worked wonders for me...

Comment

well i lied. there is no API but they gave me the plugin project. vstudio project hehe. hope to have a winamp and other plugins soon.

Comment

and yea i saw the ati remote before. but it's too chunky for my taste. the airclick is just the right size to be "gadgety" but not seem like i'm carrying around a pda for control hehe

Comment

Just like the radio shark

This sounds just like the radio shark. We waited so long for it and all hoped it would finally offer an AM/FM solution for our cars.

Then it gets released. There is no SDK available their app is buggy and you can't pick up AM channels. So in the end I don't think anyone really uses it.

I am really suprised you got support from Griffen they just normally ignore us.
                    Spent all my money on carputers now I have to work a real job.
                    http://www.858graphics.com

Comment

*cross fingers* hope the new winamp plugin actually comes out.

Comment

So the winamp pluggin would allow grider to work with the airclick for any windows software?
                        Opus case. MB 899 core duo 2.0ghz
                        Dual vga out, 400 gb hard drive, Centrefuse front end
                        zapco 1000.4 for zapco 6.5 componets
                        zapco 1100.1 for 2 13" W6.

Comment

no, it should allow to control airclick using winamp, and to control winamp using girder
                          Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Intel Mini-ITX Mainboard
                          Celeron 1.2ghz
                          256mb DDR-2 533
                          80gig 3.5" SATA HDD
                          Sb Live 5.1 w/ KXProject Drivers
                          M2-ATX
                          8" Lilliput TS LCD

100% installed and working :D

Comment

Working...
                          X