Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on Volvo S40 05 Backup Cam

The car is a Volvo S40 2005.

Before I can really go any further, does anyone know what this is for?

My car is very clean.

Its in the back right bumper of the car. When I flip the thing open there is about a 2 inch depth square then looks like a little pipe inside, Im not sure where it leads. I was thinking it might be for the backup sensors which is an option. Maybe I can use it to wire the backup camera. There is no keyhole in the trunk and screws are the only thing near the back handle. If this can be used to wire a camera I then have to find a camera. If it can not im not really sure what Ill do.

thats a spot to put a hook (i dont know if its called this way in english), when your car needs to be towed.

Look in the spare tire compartment and u will see the hook i'm talking about.

That's a pretty nice idea for the backup camera

Btw i also have a s40
    2005 S40 2.0D - Sport Body Kit
    Ipod 100%
    Carpc 95%

Comment

Damn.. So much for that. mJrO are you installing a CarPC in your S40? If so, where are you mounting the LCD and/or car camera? Thats another one of my problems

Comment

here it is the link:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53046

i just have to get a part from the volvo dealership to get things going, and i also have to dismantle some of my remote controled cars (1/8 offroad) to get a servo for testing
        Ipod 100%
        Carpc 95%

Comment

Nice!! Thanks

Comment

What is the part youre going to get from the dealership? That LCD placement is a pretty good idea although Im not sure I could pull it off.

Comment

it's the plastic part where the cigarrete lighter and the dstc button is (i dont want to mess with the "original piece")
              Ipod 100%
              Carpc 95%

Comment

Where did you order it from? I wanted to order some spare parts too but I didnt know where I could. Do you have any other way I can talk to you? AIM/MSN etc?

Comment

it was ordered in the nearest volvo dealership

msn - manuelramoa (at) gmail (dot) com
                  Ipod 100%
                  Carpc 95%

Comment

Working...
                  X